Learning from others in Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtprice

New User
David T. Price
Hello. My wife and I moved from Tennessee to Durham last year to be closer to my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. I have done some small woodworking projects in the past but I want to do more. I am building a house soon that will include a basement workshop.

I learn best by reading and subscribe to Fine Woodworking and Woodsmith magazines. Telling me about other resources would be appreciated. I do not do woodturning or carving. I basically build boxes with decorations, handles, pulls, etc. I have made a few bamboo fly rods with hand tools so I can do precision work.

By day, I am a pediatric hospitalist at Duke University.

I look forward to learning from the NC Woodworkers site and I hope I can contribute in the near future.

Thanks for making this site available.

David

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, David! Be sure to check out our Link and Download Libraries for more info. And try to upload pictures to a photo gallery as we love pics! Glad you found us!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome David.

No matter what your forte', you'll find a great bunch of "chipmakers" here on NCWW.

Post some pics of those boxes. I'm interested to see your techniques. I want to build some boxes myself, so I'm learning too.

Check the galleries and you'll get some great ideas.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome !

You make boxes ? Me.... I make mostly sawdust:lol:.

It's great to have you join us.

Jimmy:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Welcome David. I hope you'll be able to resist the alluring call of woodturning. To be on the safe side, you may want to plan on increasing the size of your basement!

You'll find lots of useful posts here. And some funny but not so useful ones.... :)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Welcome David. I hope you'll be able to resist the alluring call of woodturning. To be on the safe side, you may want to plan on increasing the size of your basement!

You'll find lots of useful posts here. And some funny but not so useful ones.... :)

David,

Welcome to the NCWW. Good to have another woodworker join us. Do heed Bas's words... the threat has already been identified. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11937

Please do post some photos of your work, or your shop, or whatever. (We love our photos.)

Ray

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Welcome David...I am new to the site (not quite 3 days) ... and new to woodworking. I'll be sending questions your way!

Will

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
David, welcome to the neighborhood - both cyberwise and literally. You'll find a lot of great folks on the forum.

Scott

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi David and welcome to NCWWer. It is an amazing resource of info and friendly folks. So jump in and share photos of your projects. If you check out the galleries you'll find we like pixs of kids and grandkids too. :lol:

cya,
Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome David, it's great to have you join us. Another David is always welcome in my books, and will help to keep the ranks of one of the most popular names on the site. Where in TN did you come from, I have several family around that state, and spent a good time there before moving to NC. I've been known to make a few boxes in my time, I would enjoy seeing your work. Maybe I could [STRIKE]borrow[/STRIKE] steal some ideas from you.
I look forward to your input in the forums, and hope to see you around!!
Dave:)

The WaMoo

New User
Steve
Welcome to the area. I just joined NCWW today and am learning to navigate around the site. Where in Tennessee did you come from? Spent a few years in Tullahoma many. many years ago but have been in Durham since 1972. This is a great area for woodworkers - great resources for finding tools, finding wood and finding people to share the passion. I hope the site is helpful to both of us.

M

McRabbet

Hi Steve -- you need to post a new thread in the Who We Are forum and do a full intro for the benefit of all of the members -- you're post here will get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS