Learned a new trick today

UncleJoe

New User
Joe
While this trick is not exactly woodworking it seems we are always painting something and this tip can make a difference. Some will already know this tip but it was new to me.

I am finishing out a large basement in my house and hired some paint and drywall guys. They are really very good craftsmen and their work is fantastic. I was working on something and the guys were rolling out a final coat of paint on one of the rooms and I saw the painter do something odd so I asked him about it.

He took a roll of 2 inch blue painter tape and pulled out a long piece and held it to the ground with his foot and unrolled it to about eye level then took a brand new Purdy roller and ran it up and down the sticky side. He told me he does this with every new roller regardless of how good it is. The tape had picked up a bunch of roller hair/fuzz that now will not end up in the paint job on the wall. A simple little trick that can make the difference in the final appearance of a job.

Just thought I would pass this along for the next time you have to paint a wall for the "Boss"

cpw

New User
Charles
I always wash out new roller covers. Same idea. The tape is easier. Washing is more thorough but eats more time.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Yes sir. In another lifetime I worked for a paint company. Seemingly silly little things can make a huge difference in doing a job well and just doing it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors