Lazy Daze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
I'll be selling my wood stuff at the Lazy Daze Art and Craft Festival in Cary this Saturday. If any of you greater Raleigh folks make it to the show, stop by and visit. I'll be in booth A060 near the intersection of E. Chatham and Walker St.
Weatherman says it's going to be a good day for a show! Hope to see some of ya there!
Rob Waddell

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Robert, I wish you nice weather, brisk sales, and the chance to meet some good folks. :thumbs_up We're sitting this year out, but may try to swing through for a look around. I'll look for you if we make it there, if not have safe travels here and back home.

Brian.

DWSmith

New User
David
How were you able to get into Lazy Daze? I have applied for three or four years and all the City of Cary does is take my application check and tell me I'm can't get in. I finally told them to quit sending the applications, I was tired of contributing to their city bank account.

sawduster

New User
Robert
This will be the first year in a long time that it will not be hotter than blue blazes !
I remember the very first Lazy Daze. It was about 2 blocks long and my little garage band played for it ....along with a few other local folks
It really has become a premier event , but unfortunately along with that comes all the attitudes from the organizers. :wsad: I quit participating some time ago because it is just such a hassle
I grew up in Cary and they have always been a little too big for their britches :gar-Bi

congrats on getting in :icon_thum if you've never done it before take lots of inventory :eusa_danc

I hope you sell everything you bring and get orders for at least that much more :icon_cheers

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Boardsmith, I don't know. This is the second year I've done it. I was wait listed this year. I only found out a couple of weeks ago that I was in. You are right that there appears to be some town politics involved. At least the app fee is very low on this show. One of the shows I didn't get into this year, had over 600 apps @$35 for 220 spaces at approx. $300/booth. Those approx. 400 app fees translates to some serious cash. At least the sales at this show is worth some hassle.

DWSmith

New User
David
Makinsawdust,

I hope you did well. When I did the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ a few weeks ago at the Amphitheater in Cary, the turnout was only about 5000 but I had the best sales day I have had in over 3 years. That is one I will go to again and will go to their event in Washington, DC next year. Not that expensive to participate in and well worth the effort.

As for Lazy Daze, from the rejection letter I received, I got the distinct impression they were protecting a local vendor.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Yesterday was a good day for a show. A little hot but no adverse weather. There was a good patron turn out. Probably in the 10's of thousands. I sold a lot of wood stuff and got to see some NCWW'ers. Vetteman9956 and NCturner along with their wives stopped by. I even got to see Gary's new boss, "baby turner."
Thanks for stopping by guys and gals.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS