Lawn equipment rental question

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Anyone know of any rental companies in the Raleighwood area that rents small consumer sized leaf vacuums of any description? I wasn't able to get all my leaves to the curb before the city's last bulk leaf pick up due to all the rain/ice/snow we got and am looking for an easier way then manually bagging. My only other option is loading them on a tarp and dragging them about 250' to the woods but that's not too appealing to me at this time since I'm having issues with my shoulder again. :no: I'm looking for something along these lines, but anything that will suck up leaves, and reduce them, from under shrubs and what not would be fine. I've not had much luck locating anything online and was wondering if anyone had seen any around or rented one.

yardvac.jpg

TIA,
Brian.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
I have never used one, but the counter help at Hauser rental in Winston-Salem said the walkbehind mower types were prone to jamming with twigs and the constant bag emptying made for a long job.

Might be a good job to hire out. Or advertise free proto-mulch on craigslist :rotflm:sort of like like the free lumber for dropping trees.

Is in place leaf mulching possible? I'm cleaning our yard right now. Mow/shred with the mulching mower then rake and bag. Not fun, but good for the garden.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Mark, that's what I was wondering about those units. I've seen some with a pick up hose on the front and wondered how effective they would be. :dontknow:

Manfre, only if I reduce the shrubs and rocks in the natural areas down at the same time, but I doubt my mower is up for that challenge. :rotflm:

Looks like I may be stuck with one of the manual methods and following that up with pain meds and adult beverages!!! :cry_smile

Brian.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Brian, what if you rented a backpack blower and blew all the leaves out from under the shrubs on to the lawn. Then used your mower to mulch them and windrow them over to the natural areas. That is basically how I deal with my leaves, except I own a blower.

Dave:)

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Dave, that sounds like more work than the other options I mentioned!!!! :rotflm::rotflm: I've actually got a real good Stihl backpack blower, but it's a long way to blow all the way from the natural area closest to our deck. :gar-Bi That's why in the past I've been blowing them out on a 8x12 tarp and dragging them down to the woods if I don't get them all to the street. I was hoping there might be a vac rental option that might save some wear and tear on my messed up shoulder. Unfortunately it sounds like I'm just going to have to do it the normal way and try to take it easy or just blow them the whole way, but I think that would be real time consuming. :thumbs_do

Thanks for the ideas though guys. :thumbs_up

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors