Lathe Chucks Oneway or collet type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Hey guys could anyone that possibly owns any of the adjustable jaw type mini chucks inform me of the depth of the internal hole and the nominal internal diameter on most adjustable jaw chucks. Basically, the nominal size on most chucks when tightened completely down to include the bore through diameter.

When speaking in regards to such chucks i am thinking about the apprentice chuck, nova g3, super nova and vicmarc type chucks.

Could anyone maybe give me that bore through dimension as well as actual diameter of exterior of chuck to include the depth. Thanks.

Chris:roll:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Chris,

I think those are all going to be a bit different. What are you trying to decide? Which one will suit a particular purpose? Have you checked the manufacturers web sites? Sometime they give all that information.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am not totally sure what you are asking for :dontknow: Possibly including the application that this info pertains to would help.
You might find some of the info here - http://www.oneway.ca/pdf/ow-talon.pdf

But as Mike said all chucks are going to be different and even the different jaws will yield different measurements.

Dave:)

Wildwood

New User
Wildwood
Think any wood turning supply catalog or web site could give you that info.

The Beall & Axminster Collet Chucks are popular with pen turners.

If your looking for an all around chuck for wood turning a 4 jaw scroll chuck is what you need.

Depends upon size of your lathe and amount of money in the budget. Compact models will work nice on a mini or full size lathe. Bigger chuck not good for a mini lathe. One Way Talon, & Vicmarc 3 ½" (not sure about Nova mini chuck), because of size and weight are great chucks for a mini lathe. There are several clones of these three chucks which are popular with turners. Think Grizzly’s 3 3/4" with T-handle for $99.95 is a cheaper alternative. Am not sure about styles & prices for Penn State industry chucks. They seem to be very popular too.

Not sure if there is a cheaper alternative to the Apprentice chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors