Lathe Banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin510

New User
Dustin
I am in dire need of a new lathe banjo. Mine broke in about 3 different places, three different occasions and I'm tired of having it brazed back half-right. Cast iron isn't the easiest thing to fix, even with my infinite possibilities at the ECU sculpture yard. if anyone knows where I can find a banjo with preferably a hole for 1" shank let me know! I need to turn!:help:

dustin510

New User
Dustin
Greg, I've looked on ebay diligently, and most of the time I find one in my price range, I go to bid and I get outbid immediately, as if someone has an auto-bidder program or something, so I was looking to see if there was another option.

I'll check out Grizzly and Oneway... Thanks y'all've been a big help

JWBWW

New User
John
When I bought my used Jet lathe... 12" x 34 1/2" I wanted to find a second banjo so that I could make a 24" long tool rest. Jet wants a fortune for the thing... I can;t recall exactly but think it was upwards of $75 due to the number of separate parts required. I let it rest for a while until I saw that Harbor Freight sold the very same lathe... usually not in store but via catalog/internet. I went to the website... downloaded the parts list and found the entire banjo assembly for around $20. Because the post holes were metric and my tool rests are in inches I had to have a machinist bore to 1" but that was a few bucks and a few beers. I felt as if I had won the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors