Latest Clock Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Just finished both of these clocks before the Klingspors Show. The top clock is the St. Augustine Clock from a Wildwood Designs pattern. It is cherry and maple with Danish oil and polyurethane finish. Quartz movement with pendulum--visible through the doors.

Williamsburg_Clock_175.jpg

View image in gallery

Bottom photo is the Scherazade Clock. It is a Dirk Boelman Design available from The Art Factory, and Scroller, Ltd. Quartz movement, pendulum, and Westminster chimes. Cherry and sapele wood, Danish oil and polyurethane finish. This clock stands 47" high. Thanks go to Mike Davis for the sapele wood I used in this clock.

Williamsburg_Clock_178.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited by a moderator:

dlrion

New User
Dan
Absolutely Stunning! I will do a clock this good one day!

I really admire your work.

Dan

sawduster

New User
Robert
DOOD !! :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Man those are awesome ! :notworthy:

I just don't know if I could work on one project for that long :nah:

Great work ! :icon_cheers :icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
Those are really beautiful! How much time would you estimate each one took? Making one of these types of clocks is on my "someday" list.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you for all the kind words. Cathy, the St. Augustine Clock was about 5 days and the Scherazade Clock took 6 days from beginning to final assembly. There was approximately another 1/2 day given to each clock for finishing. Because the finish can't be done all at 1 time it is harder to estimate that part. Hope your saw is making happy sawdust.
Bruce

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had the opportunity to meet Bruce and see his work up close at the Hickory Klingspor show. He is a real master. :notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS