LapTop "Tray?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
This weekend we stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in Maryland. In each room was a simple laptop tray/desk with a pad on the bottom. It had two pieces of elastic across the corners, I'm guessing to hold the remote and whatever else. :widea: It was made from a simple piece of 1/2" plywood and stained and finished.

I want to make some for Christmas gifts. Keeps your lap cool and gives you a steady surface. Anybody built or seen plans for something like this? Not a piece of furniture with legs and drawers, just a simple design. Input appreciated. Thanx.
:notworthy:

jrevans

New User
James
I know it may sound silly, but I use a plain old cutting board from the kitchen for my laptop "tray."

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Seriously? You want plans to cut a piece of plywood? :rotflm:

Sorry!

That just hit me sideways, especially coming from you. :eek:

Just make it yea wide by so long. :slap:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Seriously? You want plans to cut a piece of plywood? :rotflm:

Sorry!

That just hit me sideways, especially coming from you. :eek:

Just make it yea wide by so long. :slap:

yeh I was thinkin along those lines but figured i'd be moderated!:rotflm: oh um... nevermind....:gar-Bi

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Gents, thank ya'll for your candid responses! :gar-La; I can always depend on you two! What I saw had some "style" to it, was shaped kinda like a butterfly, and had a pad underneath. I guess what I really am looking for is a pic of one I could use for an idea.:dontknow:

I'm looking on line but most of them are too "complicated" for what I had in mind. If I find what I'm looking for, I'll shoot you a pic. :wsmile:

Remember, ya'll need me around for a laugh once in a while!! And to be moderated!!
:rolf:

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
computer-lap-desk.jpg

41ANJQ7RnDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Link

jrevans

New User
James
Gents, thank ya'll for your candid responses! :gar-La; I can always depend on you two! What I saw had some "style" to it, was shaped kinda like a butterfly, and had a pad underneath. I guess what I really am looking for is a pic of one I could use for an idea.:dontknow:

My cutting board is stylish. :) Each side has a different type of wood (though I don't really know what species are used. One side looks like bamboo.) The edges have a nice radius. Also, it's not quite "square." Each side has a slight arc to it. Many visitors have seen it in my living room with the laptop on it. Everyone assumes it's a laptop tray. No one has ever figured out it's a cutting board. :)

So skip the plywood and build a cutting board. :) I've seen some very nice looking ones on here. Just make it laptop-sized.

Glennbear

Glenn
Between Gary with the pictures, and others with their cutting board suggestions you seem to have gotten the answer you were looking for. :icon_thum I cannot resist however, a chance to be redundant :gar-La; Supply houses that cater to the infirm/bedridden sell similar trays for use in bed and wheelchair. :wsmile:

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
Mine is not wood but has features you could put on a wood one.

1 Hump at the bottom to hold laptop.
2 Padded sides for mouse.
3 Handle at top so folded lap and tray and can tucked under arm.
4 beanbag type cushions under the tray to for legs and to hold laptop up on table.
5 Velcro zippered pockets to hold mouse and mouse wireless antenna if you like a big mouse like me.

laptop001.jpg

laptop002.jpg

laptop003.jpg

laptop004.jpg

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Between Gary with the pictures, and others with their cutting board suggestions you seem to have gotten the answer you were looking for. :icon_thum I cannot resist however, a chance to be redundant :gar-La; Supply houses that cater to the infirm/bedridden sell similar trays for use in bed and wheelchair. :wsmile:

Uh, what were we talking about! :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS