Klingspore Grand Opening - Asheville (Fletcher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have spoken with Coleman and he would appreciate our help at the Asheville store Grand Opening.

The date is February 28th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD IF YOU CAN COME AND HELP US (or even if you hope to stop by, but cannot help!)

We will have the trailer at the event and would like members who have been through training or who have helped teach before.

With that said, I would encourage anyone who wants
to help to come for the day or just for a couple of hours.
This will allow us to meet and if you
have some time you can help by handing out NCWW business cards or "telling the story" to visitors.

For me the obvious goal is to draw more people into NCWW from this end of the state.

Coleman is excited to have us there for the Grand opening of the store
"Yes, we would LOVE for "NCWW" to participate..."

PLEASE POST PHOTOS HERE

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/show...ore-grand-opening-asheville-fletcher&cat=2585

Last edited by a moderator:

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
I have spoken with Coleman and he would appreciate our help at the Asheville store Grand Opening.

The date is February 28th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD IF YOU CAN COME AND HELP US (or even if you hope to stop by, but cannot help!)

We will have the trailer at the event and would like members who have been through training or who have helped teach before.

With that said, I would encourage anyone who wants
to help to come for the day or just for a couple of hours.
This will allow us to meet and if you
have some time you can help by handing out NCWW business cards or "telling the story" to visitors.

For me the obvious goal is to draw more people into NCWW from this end of the state.

Coleman is excited to have us there for the Grand opening of the store
"Yes, we would LOVE for "NCWW" to participate..."

Hey, folks. We have been busy with metal and music, not wood, so a long absence but of no meaning.

We were asked to demo at this and of course we will. As I told Hank, we like to demo for hours & hours, so you can just put us over in a corner & we will rattle & hum along. Any special demo requests are fine, too. Basically we will make ourselves your demo slaves for the day. ;)

Alan & Milissa

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey, folks. We have been busy with metal and music, not wood, so a long absence but of no meaning.

We were asked to demo at this and of course we will. As I told Hank, we like to demo for hours & hours, so you can just put us over in a corner & we will rattle & hum along. Any special demo requests are fine, too. Basically we will make ourselves your demo slaves for the day. ;)

Alan & Milissa
"Demo Slaves?" :rotflm:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I plan to be there, but I may be sharpening tools instead of training.
I think that is PERFECT!
I believe the more things we are showing / doing the better...
If you plan to do that for certain, maybe we should let Coleman know so he can "Advertise" and maybe that works into another "gig" for you down the road?

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Hank that is great news. I will put it on my schedule. I will need to get up with Ken and Phil to see what we have in the trailer and what needs to be restocked. Anyone that wants to help is welcome. If this is your first time we will help you ease into the mix. If you want to come out and just watch for your first time thats great to. Anyone interested let me know and I will put you on the list. Half days are welcome also. Hope to see you there.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Okay,
I am going to call Coleman to say we are participating.
I want to give Coleman a count for planning purposes.

(Come on all you guys on this end of the state...)

I have commitments from;
Dirk (Golfdad)
Mike Davis
Rob (McRabbet)
Alan and Milissa (Chesspy)
Ken (KenofCary)
Steve Honeycutt

Some of these are maybes so I encourage everyone who is even coming out for an hour or two to let me or Dirk know.

I hope to come up with some idea of a schedule (just so we know we are minimally covered)

But just come out to have a fun day talking about woodworking!

JeffH

Jeff
Senior User
I'm planning to attend, but this time of year even a little bit of weather can make our driveway and road dangerous, so I hesitate to commit. Hoping to see you guys there.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be driving up on Friday and leaving early Sunday so will be available all day Saturday. We can bring the trailer but might need someplace to park it Friday night. Might be able to at the motel.

Weather could very well be a limiting factor and hopefully if it looks bad Coleman will reschedule.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm planning to attend, but this time of year even a little bit of weather can make our driveway and road dangerous, so I hesitate to commit. Hoping to see you guys there.
All we can ask is that you try (plan to come)
But DO NOT endanger yourself!

Coming "up the mountain" in bad weather is simply not the brightest thing you can do!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be driving up on Friday and leaving early Sunday so will be available all day Saturday. We can bring the trailer but might need someplace to park it Friday night. Might be able to at the motel.

Weather could very well be a limiting factor and hopefully if it looks bad Coleman will reschedule.
Thank you Ken -
I will come back with accommodations and ask Coleman if there is room for the trailer somewhere.

I am not sure who else he is planning to have at this event.
I am going to contact a few people after I speak with him (that I would like to see there...)

Weather at the end of February CAN be an issue in Asheville!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank: The wife and I both plan to attend.
I think you should bring some ornaments to show off - given time maybe you or your wife could do a brief turning demo?

Alan and Melissa are coming so they will be doing something too!

This is REALLY gonna be a FUN day!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I think you should bring some ornaments to show off - given time maybe you or your wife could do a brief turning demo?

Alan and Melissa are coming so they will be doing something too!

This is REALLY gonna be a FUN day!
(Shakes head) any opportunity is a good opportunity to copes a few to the spinny side. Sigh...

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Hank,

My daughter & pen turning partner and I may be able to come for a while. We can bring a midi lathe and turn a few pens. We have done that at the farmer's market a few times and had a good time teaching people how we do what we do. Will there be space inside to set up for turning?

Adam

weatherflute

New User
Bob
I just recently heard of and went to the AVL store and bought supplies....I"d be happy to help out! I'm a flutemaker of Native style flutes, do NOT use a lathe, but do use bandsaw, DeWalt 735 planer, and orbital palm sander to round out gorgeous looking and sounding flutes, and Klingspor is my "GO-TO" flute sanding paper, always has been. I live in Haywood County, about 45-50 minutes from your store, so please feel free to use my knowledge as you see fit. While I haven't gone through your training per se, I'm a 20+ year TV meteorologist and doggone good and talking and interfacing with the public, and knowing you want people to get interested in it and using Klingspor as a great supply store. Feel free to contact me as you see fit.... Bob Child, weatherflute@yahoo.com www.UglyBoyFlutes.com 704-996-3184

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
They can't start on my car until Monday. I won't be going anywhere far from home till next week.

My wife and daughter have things planned for Saturday so I'll stay home and work in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS