Klingspor Woodworking Showcase '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ladies and gentlemen again it's time for the Klingspor Woodworking Showcase '09. It's going to be held Saturday April 18th with a little set-up and early registration on Friday the 17th.
This will be the second year it has been held and it was a blast last year. The Show/Competition, Sale, WW'ing demos and General Fun Gathering is being sponsored by Klingspor, NCWW, and Triangle Woodworkers Club.
We need your support.
Here is a crude scan of the flyer with all the important information about what is going on and how to enter the judged competition. It hasn't gone to press yet, hence the B&W scan -
http://http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=32904Flyer front
Flyer back

What I am hoping for is members to enter into the competition in all divisions, I have a few pieces that I am going to enter this year. Demos put on by members like pen turning, scrolling, sharpening, hand tool use etc. We also need folks to help with registration, set up, take down and loading/unloading contestant's pieces.
Also we need a few more Judges for the competition. They can be experienced woodworkers (and I know we have quite a few of them) or folks in other artistic fields.
The goal is to have an experienced ww'er Judge paired with a artistic Judge so the pieces can be graded on ww'ing quality and also artistic form. You can enter the competition and be a judge also, just not in your division. So if any of y'all or your spouses are in an artistic field and would like to help it would be greatly appreciated.

It's brainstorming time, what kind of demos can we put on and who can help.
Tomorrow I will post a sign-up list for the various times that we need your help.
This is a great opportunity to show to the world (or at least NC) what NCWW is about and supply help to Klingspor which has been one of our greatest supporters.
So mark you calendars now, dust off those fine woodworking pieces in hopes to win one of the cash prizes and join us in a fun day. I hope to see many of y'all out there.

Thanks for reading my ramblins',

Dave:)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Can't wait!

As for ideas ... a lot come to mind, but one we MUST have is Alex's pen turning demo ... that brought out the crowds!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Wish I could attend, but I will be on the big plane that weekend. Really sorry to miss this one.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Can't wait!

As for ideas ... a lot come to mind, but one we MUST have is Alex's pen turning demo ... that brought out the crowds!

I agree and hope he can attend. We also would love to see him enter the Youth division as he did last year...and cleaned it out :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, I will be there......I can do another Scrollsaw demo.

Thanks Scott, I will make note of this, but please include yourself on the sign-up sheet...as soon as I put it together.
Thanks for your help and support :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I volunteered to be a DaveO-ssistant. Was at the metting with the TWA and Paul from Klingspor yesterday.

There are plans for a big tent in the parking lot.

There will also be places on their front covered sidewalk. The sidewalk will have power, the tent won't.

So, demo's galore! Anyone juggle flaming chainsaws?

Its a load of fun and the entries in the show are just amazing.

Jim

T

toolferone

I should be there, but will be working in another area, HINT HINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS