Klingspor Show and NCWW Gathering '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Please count me in for lunch on Saturday. I will be happy to assist with covering the information table or be available for general duty if needed.
Mark

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've already accepted, bu just in case, both my wife and I'll be there. My doctor has given permission to eat a small meal now and then:eusa_danc I am now slightly over half way to my goal of 75 lbs. lost:eusa_danc :eusa_danc

M

McRabbet

I'm sure it would sell if you do -- it would be a good way to promote the site as well.

Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
Should I order some North Carolina Woodworker paraphanalia, coffee cups, hats, etc.?

I forgot about that! It would be great to have some of these on hand - do you have some stuff left over from the spring picnic? In fact, how about having some bumper stickers also - who has a stack of them they could bring?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I forgot about that! It would be great to have some of these on hand - do you have some stuff left over from the spring picnic? In fact, how about having some bumper stickers also - who has a stack of them they could bring?
I give away all the coffee cups, I had left over. But I could order some cup and hats for the show. Would someone in hickory PM me an address to ship the stuff to?

I may have some bumber stickers that I can bring. Barbara, do have any more?

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Wife and I will be leaving Jorden Lake about 6:30-7:00 Saturday morning if anyone needs a ride, DavidF, if you don't get any body we can pick up up. Won't cost anything except some chat. We can help in the room if need be, will stay untill about 5:00.
dick

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Dick or Dave F
I would like to go to the show and would be thankful for a ride if you have room for me and a pair of crutches. The convention center said that have a couple of wheel chairs for use on a first come basses. I could also turn some pens with Cathy as I am not that experienced. Let me know if that works for anyone.
Thanks Nick

DavidF

New User
David
Wife and I will be leaving Jorden Lake about 6:30-7:00 Saturday morning if anyone needs a ride, DavidF, if you don't get any body we can pick up up. Won't cost anything except some chat. We can help in the room if need be, will stay untill about 5:00.
dick

Thanks for the offer Dick, maybe you can help out Nick? although I think he is in Raleigh/Apex which means you going backwards!!

We've got some time to put a plan together.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I am in Apex off of Olive Chapel road 1/2 between 751 and 55. I could get dropped off somewhere if that helps. Thanks

T

toolferone

I regret that I will not be able to attend this year. My dad is turning 70 and we are have a shed raising party for him (he doesn't know yet) It is the only weekend we can get everybody together. This is the first show of theirs I have missed since they started. That includes working the first one they held.

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Count Cathy and I for the catered lunch, just us know how much and who to pay. She has informed me I could tag along.

Monty

New User
Monty
I regret that I will not be able to attend this year. My dad is turning 70 and we are have a shed raising party for him

Nah, you don't have to miss the show - just him with you! Bring the whole party! :eusa_danc :lol:

Looks like we'll have a good gathering! No need to pay - the food will be covered. Just bring some projects to share, and we need some more pen turning volunteers!

Monty

New User
Monty
Clay, we will have two midi lathes (mine and Woodguy's), and I will probably bring my 8" grinder - I have a Wolverine kit on it. I can bring some very basic turning tools (since that's all I have :)). If you want to bring some basic gear (like your favorite mandrel and turning tools) that might be nice.

We could also use some prepared blanks (already glued and trimmed and ready to turn). That will make for an enjoyable experience and a good demonstration. I will probably prepare some prior to the show also. We don't need a lot - realistically how many can we crank out during a single day at the show?

M

McRabbet

I am in Apex off of Olive Chapel road 1/2 between 751 and 55. I could get dropped off somewhere if that helps. Thanks
Nick -- I'll look forward to seeing you and others in Hickory -- but my reason for jumping into this thread goes further -- my daughter lives in Homestead Park (just west of Kelly Rd. off Olive Chapel) and Steve Coles lives within 500 yards of her in Abington (?sp), off Kelley Rd. It's a small world. My wife and I were at our daughter's last weekend and this past weekend, too; took care of our 6-month old grandson while she had a little time away with friends. I'll try to contact you next time we come down to Apex to see if we can get together, but for sure I'll see you in Hickory.

Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
Well, the show is coming up soon! Looks like it's going to be a great gathering this year - I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:wav: :happy6: :happy6: :bigmono:
YE HAW!!! Looking forward to it, see y'all Saturday

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors