Klingspor discout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
Hi i was trying to check if i was discount qualified at klingspor but am not sure how to do that, if you could let me know I would be very appreciative. and if i'm not qualified can you tell me what i need to do to become discount qualified. thank you so much and i apologize for the bother, love the site

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Jonny,

At the top of this page, just under the pictures, choose the option called "Policy". The very last option under "Policy" shows the requirements to become discount qualified. From my brief review, it looks like you meet most of them.

Steve

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
This question was covered in your previous post by the same title from earlier in the week, also in the Help Desk forum, so I am uncertain why it is being asked again so soon? If there is a specific follow up question you would like to ask, such should be made in the original thread rather than a brand new thread so that the conversation can be followed in a logical manner by all, rather than broken up across multiple threads. Doing things this way helps everyone to follow the conversation in a cogent manner and reduces unnecessary duplication of responses.

Any how, at the very least you will need to fix how you have entered your first and last name in your profile (first name in the first name field, last name in the last name field). Once you meet the qualifications there is a promotion script that runs at a regular interval that will eventually upgrade your account to reflect your discount status by adding a "DQ" under your usergroup heading just above your selected avatar graphic in your personal profile and user info panels on forum posts. Once you achieve DQ status, then vendors are emailed the list of changes on the 28th of each month, but allow them a week, or so, to process the list. Many will accept you showing them your DQ status on your profile page if you login to the site on your smartphone and show them your account is presently Discount Qualified at checkout. You can edit your profile settings from the "Settings" control panel (upper right-hand of every screen) and then choose the soecific area you wish to edit from the left-hand menu sidebar, but many of the relevant settings are located under the "Edit Profile" and "General Settings" screens.

As Steve was kind enough to suggest, anyone interested in the details concerning what is required to achieve and maintain DQ status should review the article titled "NCWW Discount Program" under the "Policy" tab on the main menu bar and then verify that your profile info is correctly filled out with all the required fields completed and that you have opted-in to the DQ vendors (select one, or more) you desire discounts from so that when you do meet all the qualification requirements your DQ status will happen as soon as possible thereafter.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
I checked my name and info and they are all cortex and match what it says on the Klingspor catalog. And sorry for starting a new post for some reason I thought that was like an email last time I didn't realize it was on the forum I would have posted there, sorry

This question was covered in your previous post by the same title from earlier in the week, also in the Help Desk forum, so I am uncertain why it is being asked again so soon? If there is a specific follow up question you would like to ask, such should be made in the original thread rather than a brand new thread so that the conversation can be followed in a logical manner by all, rather than broken up across multiple threads. Doing things this way helps everyone to follow the conversation in a cogent manner and reduces unnecessary duplication of responses.

Any how, at the very least you will need to fix how you have entered your first and last name in your profile (first name in the first name field, last name in the last name field). Once you meet the qualifications there is a promotion script that runs at a regular interval that will eventually upgrade your account to reflect your discount status by adding a "DQ" under your usergroup heading just above your selected avatar graphic in your personal profile and user info panels on forum posts. Once you achieve DQ status, then vendors are emailed the list of changes on the 28th of each month, but allow them a week, or so, to process the list. Many will accept you showing them your DQ status on your profile page if you login to the site on your smartphone and show them your account is presently Discount Qualified at checkout. You can edit your profile settings from the "Settings" control panel (upper right-hand of every screen) and then choose the soecific area you wish to edit from the left-hand menu sidebar, but many of the relevant settings are located under the "Edit Profile" and "General Settings" screens.

As Steve was kind enough to suggest, anyone interested in the details concerning what is required to achieve and maintain DQ status should review the article titled "NCWW Discount Program" under the "Policy" tab on the main menu bar and then verify that your profile info is correctly filled out with all the required fields completed and that you have opted-in to the DQ vendors (select one, or more) you desire discounts from so that when you do meet all the qualification requirements your DQ status will happen as soon as possible thereafter.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
If by just some weird quirk and I need to renter the exact same name well that's no problem, I'll just go ahead and "change" them

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
If by just some weird quirk and I need to renter the exact same name well that's no problem, I'll just go ahead and "change" them

You have your full name entered in the First name field and nothing entered in the Last name field, that is what needs to be corrected.

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
Can I sneak a quickie discount question in? Does the discount apply to floor machinery at Klingspor?

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Can I sneak a quickie discount question in? Does the discount apply to floor machinery at Klingspor?

As they explained to me once, if it has a cord then no discount, or if it once was a tree, then no discount.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
As they explained to me once, if it has a cord then no discount, or if it once was a tree, then no discount.

In most cases the power tool manufacturers are who determine whether or not there can be discounts on the power tools and when those discounts are permitted and by how much, so it is often out of the store's hands.

But the rule is, and always has been, when in doubt ask the store for specific details on their policies as their word is what counts much more than our recollections as to what their policies are, thus it is safest to ask them directly.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Klingspor discount does not apply to power tools, wood, or items already on sale. I have used my discount to buy many things like sandpaper, finish, turning tools, dust collection parts, glue, books/plans, etc. Every little bit helps.

FlyingRon

Ron
It never hurts to ask. While Klingspor couldn't discount certain things (like the SawStop) they did sell me one out of inventory that was already sitting in their storage without having to pay the obligatory shipping fee that everybody else wanted.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Thanks again to everyone at Klingspor for the discount ... and the general support of NCWW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS