Kitchen Project - picture heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgoins

New User
Marvin
Impressive, but a TREMENDOUS amount of work!!!!

Did you build and install the cabinets as well?

hehe... Can't say it didn't pass thru my mind, which is what caused my wife to put her foot down... hehe... And, given the scale of what it turned into, am pleased w/how it turned out.

The cabinets are from Kraftmaid & given how you have to work w/cabinet companies - long lead times & if you forget a piece - it's not run down to the HD/Lowe's & pick one up... the delay could be days/weeks... I contracted for them & their installation. Funny thing was: the lead time was 7 weeks - in April when we ordered them. They arrived in June. They were stored until installation in August / September. hehe.

The delay was not due to work in the kitchen, but due to rewiring the house w/o tearing it down & working a job that demanded nearly 60 hours a week during the same time. The breaker box is on the other side of the wall from the new refrig/pantry wall we put in - so, all wire had to run thru that wall to the panel.

As I write this, am sitting here laughing, we're to that point now... that was such a fun project. learned an immense amount.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Steve W

New User
Steve
Marvin, as someone who has done four - count 'em - kitchens, my hat is off to you. The patterned floor and tile job stand out for particular merit.
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
I, too, went for the "someone else installs 'em" Kraft-Maid cabinets and another guy came in to do the countertops. The rest I did myself - including wiring, plumbing and replacing a window with a slider. I KNOW how much work it is and what it's like to live without a kitchen for days/weeks/months at a time. BTW, nice touch with the disposal still hooked up -- I did the same thing in my temporary counter.

I'll have to post some pics when I get the chance...

:kermit: Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS