Keyboard not working correctly, odd issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick M

New User
Rick
This is a problem that occurs with some regularity and normally I would think it couldn't have anything to do with the forum but here is the only place it has ever occurred. Here's what happens: I make a post and afterward the keyboard no longer works correctly in this forum (works fine in any other application and on any other forum). The nature of the problem depends on which browser I'm using. In Chrome, the space bar stops working so Igetstringsofwordsthatlooklikethis. In Firefox, the enter key pushes the cursor up a line, word wrap does the same thing, puts my curser up a line so my sentences flow upward instead of down, hard to demonstrate. I don't remember what happens in Edge or IE because I rarely use them but I do get strange behaviors that prevent me from posting. The only thing that fixes it is time, eventually the problem goes away. I don't know exactly how long it takes because I usually only check the forum once a day. It doesn't happen every time I post something but it does happen often and when it happens, it happens in all browsers on this computer. Strange I know.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
The Chrome space bar problem has been around for a while. There's obviously a problem with vBulletin. The workaround is to hit enter and then backspace. Then it works.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rick, I use Chrome but I also always use the "Go Advanced" feature when using this forum. Since I started using "Go Advanced", I don't get the funky keyboard.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I just experienced that issue in the past few days trying to post things in the classifieds. I use Chrome and somehow managed to get the space bar to work...but glad that it's not just me. :)

Rick M

New User
Rick
Wow thanks. I will try those tips next time it happens. I rarely have computer issues but when I do, they tend to be weird and rare ones that no one else has. Glad to know I'm not alone on this one.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I see the Firefox issue with jumping upwards quite often. I have to usually cancel the post I'm working on and start over.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I use Firefox as well and occasionally have the same problem. Clicking "GO ADVANCED" solves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors