Keepsake box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Wanted to post a pic of the little keepsake box I made for my Mom for christmas. I forgot to take any pics until it was time to wrap and go so didn't get any of the inside, but it was red felt lined.

The body is spanish cedar and the top panel is tiger wood.

box.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jonz, that came out really nice. Did you use self-adhesive felt? And is that panel re-sawn? Great job, I am sure your mom loves it. Dave:)

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Roughly 9x5, maybe 6" tall. I'm guessing at these.

Yes, I resawed the top panel and used some self adhesive felt I picked up at AC Moore.

DavidF

New User
David
Your guessing!! you mean there was no CAD model, no 3D rendering - nothing more than a "fag packet" sketch - (insom..don't ask....)
I'm impressed

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
I put on a beret and squint one eye while holding up a chisel. It means nothing but looks impressive if my wife happens to look in the door. :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jonz what did that felt run you at AC Moore. I want to get some but Woodcraft only cares it in huge rolls that I would never use up in a hundred years and that cost too much.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
DavidF said:
nothing more than a "fag packet" sketch - (insom..don't ask....)
I'm afraid to, actually. 8-O

Nice box ya got there, Jonz. It's so simple it's complicated... or I know I would have found a way to make it complicated somehow! :lol:

woodguy1975

New User
John
DavidF said:
Your guessing!! you mean there was no CAD model, no 3D rendering - nothing more than a "fag packet" sketch - (insom..don't ask....)
I'm impressed

:rolf: Can hardly bear the thought. :)

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
DaveO said:
Jonz what did that felt run you at AC Moore. I want to get some but Woodcraft only cares it in huge rolls that I would never use up in a hundred years and that cost too much.

I'm pretty sure it's $.79 for a 9"x12" sheet. It's fairly thick and stiff too, so works well for flat surfaces like boxes. I think red was all they had when I was there, not sure.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sweet, that beats $38 for a sq.yd, that I won't ever use all of. I like red..it matches my neck:lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow Jonz, great looking box.:icon_thum I like your choice of woods and your miters look nice and tight.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS