Keeping me out of the shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupont6480

New User
Tim
I have been traveling alot for Uncle Sam this summer and when home on the weekends; I built my 40' deck this August/Sept. P5261062.JPG
I took leave this week to finish the deck and spent Thurs and Fri staining the deck and then felt the first rains of Sandy.
My prayers are with all of you as this storm hits the East Coast.

Today I had the distinct honor of being mentored by Master Turner Myron Curtis here in Virginia Beach. I spent 4 hours with Myron today in what I hope is the first of many more one on one mentoring sessions. This is a picture of my "first" turning and a result of today's lesson. Myron had me make the chisel I used today also. I feel very fortunate to have met this Master Turner and mentor.
PA281318.JPG

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tim glad to here from you. Not sure if I like the pool or the turning better. :icon_scra Both look GREAT!!!!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Tim, the house, deck, and pool all look great. And the turning is a beautiful piece. But I'm a little worried about your soul. It appears you've taken a dangerous step onto the slippery slope of turning, from which there may be no return. Repent, my brother, repent, before it is too late. Go into the shop and butcher some wood. You'll feel better. Trust me. :rotflm:

This message brought to you by us Neanderthals everywhere. :5sigh:

Bill

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Bill,
Thank you sir. But no worry; my intent is to learn and use ALL of these tools as I learn and follow in all of ya'lls footsteps.
I can see already though the allure of turning. I just feel extremely fortunate to be learning under this great mentor.
Hope you are doing well through this storm.
Tim

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Tim, the house, deck, and pool all look great. And the turning is a beautiful piece. But I'm a little worried about your soul. It appears you've taken a dangerous step onto the slippery slope of turning, from which there may be no return. Repent, my brother, repent, before it is too late. Go into the shop and butcher some wood. You'll feel better. Trust me. :rotflm:

Bill

Amen brother! Preach on! :rotflm::rotflm:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

Bill

No truer words will you read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS