Just to show folks that I still make sawdust

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just finished this intarsia piece today. This is a Judy Gale Roberts design. For wood I used some spalted white oak for the bass, walnut and holly on the eye and western red cedar for the lure and backing. I used 3 coats of satin gel poly as a finish.

Attachments

• bass intarsia.jpg
    bass intarsia.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 162

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Very interesting piece. Subtle, but I stumbled on the guy in the boat and his pole while zooming around. :eek:ccasion1

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
That's a beautiful piece of art Scott! You learned your lessons well at Judy Gale Roberts School Of Intarsia. As usual, I'M JEALOUS! :wink_smil

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Scott. Got the grain just right. Wonder how it would look w/ blue stained wood/glass/mirror behind it, not that it isn't perfect as is.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Very nice work Scott - As always. Every time someone sees it, I get compliments on the 9/11 piece you gave me. Be well and keep on making dust my friend!

TDeal

Tim
Senior User
Just finished this intarsia piece today. This is a Judy Gale Roberts design. For wood I used some spalted white oak for the bass, walnut and holly on the eye and western red cedar for the lure and backing. I used 3 coats of satin gel poly as a finish.

That's beautiful! Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS