Just to let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalai

New User
Chris Kalai Allen
Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you folks know that I think that this is a great place and I am greatfull to be a part of it, I wish I could participate in person with NC Woodworkers, go to the shop crawls and stuff like that:dontknow: but I cant so I hope you dont mind me spending a lot of time here on line.

I also wanted to make myself available to you all, I am an expert on Hawaiian woods so if you ever have any question about a Hawaiian wood let me know I have also been turning bowls since I was 12 years old and have been a prolific turner making hundreds of bowls a year, I have taken classes form David Ellsworth and I have also learned from other well known turners like Jack Straka, Kelly Dunn and I was a student of Dan Deluz for 2 years, I can go on but I will stop there:wsmile:, I also mill Hawaiian woods and sell them on a small scale.

If I ever go to the mainland I will most certainly be staying in NC, and on the other side of the coin if any of you ever make it over to the Big Island of Hawaii I will make sure you leave with your extra suitcase full of wood and if you want to see some Hawaiian forests or lava flows I can help there too:icon_thum.
Thanks and aloha.

Chris
Kalai

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Cool. I have never met someone from HI. Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your woodwork. NC is a great place. Hopefully, you can travel here someday. Lord knows I want to make it to the Big Island.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Kalai, thanks for the offer! If you do make it here to NC, be prepared to spend a few days - everyone will want to show you around :) You're right, this is the friendliest woodworking site on the 'net!

woodrat

New User
Archie
Welcome Kalai.

The others said it is the most friendly woodworking site around.
They are right. Again, welcome and y'all come see us, ya hear.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Kalai,

I've been enjoying some of your posts with the bowls, small to huge and all in between. Now if only I could talk my wife into letting me go, and get Doug to set it up, we could have a crawl to Hawaii:rotflm:.

Thanks for the contributions, and maybe one day we will mee my friend !

Jimmy:mrgreen:

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Hey Chris, it's great to have your expertise here. I just visited your website... awesome work man. I have got to get me some of that curly Koa. It makes some incredible bowls. Maybe we can get a group buy together to save on shipping. I'll let you know when I'm ready (positive cash flow) ;). In the mean time keep sharin'!!! :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Back at 'cha, Chris :icon_thum
Your expertise, good will, and blanks are much appreciated. And don't be surprised when a NCWWer comes knocking on you shop door.:eek:

As for activities, I've missed a number myself so I know how you feel :confused_
So continue the visits to NCWWer whilst you plan a trip to North Carolina :widea:

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
See I knew there was a good reason your membership was accepted :wink: And I am glad it was as you have a lot to offer this site, and we need someone to hold the ranking as our most western member :icon_thum
Thanks for being part of our little world.

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

One of the most memorable trips LOML and I ever made was to Hawaii for the wedding of dear friends back in the early 70's. We got over to the big island and one of my personal treats was to visit Kilauea Volcano and the black sand beaches on the south side of the island since I was educated as a geologist. I interviewed for a graduate teaching position at the University of Hawaii, but they did not get funds for the position. Oh well, beautiful place indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS