July Donation Drive to run thru August 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
As most all of us know by now, as of July 1, Steve Coles has turned over to the Board of Directors the responsibility of running the corporation which includes this website. Steve has made a significant financial contribution each year since the inception of North Carolina Woodworker. With the change in leadership, Steve is reducing his financial committment, therefore donations from the membership are now more important to the financial well-being of the corporation than ever before. The following is part of a post that Steve made during the April donation drive that bears repeating:

"There is now a way to have a donation drive that is low key, but we try to make it more low key than other sites. No thermometers, no special "badges of honor" applied to your public presence. In fact we don't even want our users to publicly state that they have made a contribution. Our goal is not to set up a situation where we have public peer pressure. What we do want , is that our users contribute what they can afford modified by what they feel this site and its parent corporation are worth to them. If that's zero, then so be it. You still have full access to the site."

To donate, just go to the donation page to pay immediately or to get the address to which to mail a check. There is another way to donate as described on the donation page which is reproduced here.

"Now there is another method to donate, it has several advantages to both you and to NCWWI. At this point, I have not yet automated as much of this process as I would like to. So to initiate the process simply send an email to accounting@ncwoodworker.net In it, please give me your USERNAME and the email address you want me to use and the amount you want to donate. You will then receive an email with an attachment which is in effect an invoice for the amount you said, but because we are a non-profit, it will be called a pledge form. You can then send a check referencing the pledge number or click on a link in the email where will be taken to a web address where you can pay by credit card. This will NOT be PayPal but another Credit Card processor who is directly integrated with both our Corporate checking account and our bookkeeping system. The advantages to you is that you now have a paper trial of the transaction. The advantages to us is the integration with our bookkeeping system.
There is another set of advantages for some of you. When we first started accepting donations, many of you wanted to know if we could automatically remind you to donate at some standard period(I promise you that people actually did ask us this) Well now we can do it using the same method. If want this, add to your email how often you want to be reminded and the amount. And you'll get a pledge form each period that you specified. In fact we can even go one step further than that, if you so desire, we can auto charge your account at the period specified. Just tell us in the email that is what you want."

It's now up to us to keep this site financially viable. If you feel that it is important to maintain this site, and would like have a part in doing so, we welcome and appreciate your support.

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Oops, the donations@ email address is gone. It should be accounting@ncwoodworker.net. When I turned things over some of the email addresses had to change. Sorry, I forgot about changing the wording and now I don't have the permissions.

jamie

jamie
Senior User
You need to change the top post to be a mailto, and the linked page still has the "donations" email address.

Charlottend

New User
Brian
I'm new here so this is probably already answered somewhere, I just hadn't seen it. What is the money being used for? Is it for the software and hosting of the site, or are there other things that NCWW, Inc. puts on using the money raised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS