Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
My son Sandy
Crib_1.jpg

View image in gallery

and I built this crib for my soon to be grandchild. Sandy rough cut the lumber and painted it and I milled the pieces and assembled it. Nothing to do now but wait.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Beautiful!

A buddy of mine wants to build one similar, but we were wondering about the arc'd back. How did you decide to pull that off? Laminations?

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Worth the wait IMHO, it turned out very nice. Your "milling and assembly" look pretty doggone spiffy to me and Sandy did a great job on the paint, the surface looks perfect. (I hate painting).

Can't be too many things cooler than making an heirloom crib for your grandchild. :gar-Bi

Chuck

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, that looks just as good as the stuff you can get from IKEA/ Pottery Barn/ Wal-Mart! :gar-Bi
(duck!)

My hat of to you, mister and master Rose. That is a great looking crib. Lots of great shadow lines and reveals, and the paint job is superb. What did you use for the finish?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work there, Larry!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

I agree that the finish looks like "factory finish". Smooth and uniform.

The arched back sure looks cool too!:wsmile:

Will be enjoyed by many I am sure!

Wayne

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Beautiful!

A buddy of mine wants to build one similar, but we were wondering about the arc'd back. How did you decide to pull that off? Laminations?
Yes, I bent it by laminating and using a form. It's really easy to do. I used pieces about 1/8" thick. The thinner the pieces the tighter radius you can get.

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
Wow, that looks just as good as the stuff you can get from IKEA/ Pottery Barn/ Wal-Mart! :gar-Bi
(duck!)

My hat of to you, mister and master Rose. That is a great looking crib. Lots of great shadow lines and reveals, and the paint job is superb. What did you use for the finish?

Hey Bas - I used Sherwin-Williams Pro-Classic Semi-Gloss acrylic latex bright white on it applied with a super smooth foam roller. I wanted to use a stain on it, but what a pregnant woman wants, a pregnant woman gets and LOML wanted paint!

mikeacg

New User
Mike
The curve really makes it! I don't think I've ever seen one like that before. Good job - both of you!

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Great looking crib. It looks very well built. Glad to see you kept your slat spacing tight. I have had to paint over some nice wood myself. Sometimes it's better to just say yes dear and get out the brush.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Hey Bas - I used Sherwin-Williams Pro-Classic Semi-Gloss acrylic latex bright white on it applied with a super smooth foam roller. I wanted to use a stain on it, but what a pregnant woman wants, a pregnant woman gets and LOML wanted paint!

You are a smart man :gar-Bi Nice crib :thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS