jewelry box

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
this is the latest project. cherry with maple top and drawer. rattlecan lacker!:gar-La; new pics further down.:rotflm:

the pics are lousy but its all I can do. gone! :cool:

fred

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I like it too! My guess is that the lid uses pins on the sides as hinges. Am I right, am I right! What do I win?

ur right!:icon_thum you win a free shop tour!:eusa_clap you did? :swoon: oh well guess ya didnt win afterall!:rotflm: brass pins and blackwood plugs to keep en in. hope i never have ta take it off!:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I figured it had pins that it pivoted on, but there are several ways to do that method. Blind, where the lid and pins are assembled as the box is glued up. Through, where the pins are drilled and inserted from the outside and show. Or like Fred did, through and plugged.
I have never had any luck with the blind method, and never considered plugging the through holes. I really don't care for seeing the brass pin ends. I'll have to try that sometime.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Fred,
Despite the photos, that's a fine jewelry box :icon_thum
But it really would be nice if we could tell what color it is :rolf:

Roger

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Nice lookin' box!! I see you used that magic wrap on it too: In one picture the cherry looks like walnut and in the next like purpleheart!! You need to patent that finish process:gar-La;

Go

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
whooo whoooo got the slacker to git me some pics~!!!:gar-La; I was impatient earlier.:embaresse
jbox31.JPG

jbox31.JPG

the rest are in the gallery but the bad ones are gone.:eusa_clap

J

jeff...

Can I come get some of your blue tape PLEASE Mr. Fred - OMG another beautiful piece of furniture comes out of Fred's shop. You been keep Dozer busy I see...:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS