ivey !?!? looking for an ash mantel piece and ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
some hickory treads! ash mantel 6' long and maybe 4" thick and 10" wide! like a rough look(dull blade cut).:icon_thum 6 treads(hickory) 4' long 1" thick finished and 12 inch wide! :eusa_pray ivey?????

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
some hickory treads! ash mantel 6' long and maybe 4" thick and 10" wide! like a rough look(dull blade cut).:icon_thum 6 treads(hickory) 4' long 1" thick finished and 12 inch wide! :eusa_pray ivey?????

hey dave! this is not the place to be looking for a piece of ash!:rolf:
I have a few oak treads if they will work for you. thinking maybe a trade for some other wood? not sure if i have 6 or not. they are bullnosed with one end haveing a finnished splined bullnose.

oh and i am just up the road from you.

fred

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Dave, I don't have a single ash log on my yard. Wish I could help you with that mantel, but not at this time. Sorry but no 12" wide hickory, I'm not helping you am I:roll: If I get hickory or ash logs in in the near future I will let you know. Some of the other sawmill guys on here may be able to help you out:icon_thum

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Was over at The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville a couple weeks ago, and they had a bunch of 16/4 ash. For the hickory treads, you may have to laminate them up from narrower stock. Pecan is often substituted for hickory.

J

jeff...

Dave I can help you with the Hickory, we got lots of that... As for the Ash I'll see if I can round you up a nice white ash - how wide is your mantle?

Thanks

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
length 6' . 4 inch thick and about 10 inch wide.so its a 4-10 at 6' . 10 "inches off wall(shelve depth) 4 inches thick(or height of mantel) when looking at wall and 6 feet long! make sense, cause im confusing myself!!:BangHead: :drunken_s thanks jeff!

J

jeff...

length 6' . 4 inch thick and about 10 inch wide.so its a 4-10 at 6' . 10 "inches off wall(shelve depth) 4 inches thick(or height of mantel) when looking at wall and 6 feet long! make sense, cause im confusing myself!!:BangHead: :drunken_s thanks jeff!

Yeah 16/4 x 10" - 6', 20BF or about 80 lbs worth - yep got it.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
if you can just find a 6 foot long log, id rather take that and mill piece the way i think will work. but milled piece will work also, kiln would be the best!!!:)

J

jeff...

if you can just find a 6 foot long log, id rather take that and mill piece the way i think will work. but milled piece will work also, kiln would be the best!!!:)

You wanna come out and cut it yourself? Key is in the mill and the bobcat, if you get an itching to...

lnelson

New User
Larry
Bummer, I left an ash slab of almost these exact dimensions back in Wisconsin when we moved. It weighed a ton so moving it was not an option. I have ash in the garage that I could part with if you want to make a box mantle. $2.25/bf if you are interested.

Larry

J

jeff...

Dave your stair treads have been cut for well over 3 weeks when are you coming to get them? I may have to start charging you rent :lol:

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
well thats a surprise to me. u told me 3 weeks ago you weren't interested in cutting large pieces like that. but thanks, i guess ill have to plan a road trip one day!:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS