It Is Going To Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT native

New User
Jane
Jerry,
I was unable to find the photo's you mentioned to see what all is for sale. Because Salisbury is an hour away from me I need to see what more there is before I can commit to driving that far. Specifically, I am in dire need of a bandsaw. Would you please confirm where the photo's are or let me know about any bandsaw(s)? Thanks ahead of time,
Jane

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry,
I was unable to find the photo's you mentioned to see what all is for sale. Because Salisbury is an hour away from me I need to see what more there is before I can commit to driving that far. Specifically, I am in dire need of a bandsaw. Would you please confirm where the photo's are or let me know about any bandsaw(s)? Thanks ahead of time,
Jane

Jane,

There is no bandsaw in the sale----------about all the machinery was sold about a year ago. A Delta shaper and a belt sharpener and a bench grinder are about all that is left in what I consider machinery.

Images of some of the things are posted in the "Tools and Equipment" photo gallery and labeled "Hoopers Tools and Accessories"

Go to the "sort" and click on "the last 2 weeks"

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php this link should get you there also.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Jane,

There is no bandsaw in the sale----------about all the machinery was sold about a year ago. A Delta shaper and a belt sharpener and a bench grinder are about all that is left in what I consider machinery.

Images of some of the things are posted in the "Tools and Equipment" photo gallery and labeled "Hoopers Tools and Accessories"

Go to the "sort" and click on "the last 2 weeks"

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php this link should get you there also.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

Currently the pics are on page 19, when you sort "ascending"

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Not sure that I'm going to make it yet. Anyone planning on going?

Jerry - If you have a more definite listing, or more pictures (assuming there is other things), that would be great and might be enough to get me past this gas-price-miles-benefit hurdle.:thumbs_up

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Not sure that I'm going to make it yet. Anyone planning on going?

Jerry - If you have a more definite listing, or more pictures (assuming there is other things), that would be great and might be enough to get me past this gas-price-miles-benefit hurdle.:thumbs_up

Jeremy---------the pics in the gallery do not even scratch the surface of what is available.

In hand tools there are planes, draw knives, spoke shaves, various drill braces and complete sets of auger bits in the original wood cases. hex wrenches, open and closed end wrenches, allen wrenches, drill bits, hole saws w/ mandrels. Wood mauls, splitting wedges, splitting mauls. Measuring tools, wood working books, hardware(screws, bolts, drawer slides) There is some electrical supplies and tools. Router bits, saw blades, sand paper. Lathe knives(one set is 8 pcs. Freud), a Sorby lathe check, a oneway varigrind jig NIB, spray paint equipment. Storage cabinets(metal and wood) and rolling carts, a lift cart.

There are a tremendous amount of the stuff priced under 20.00----no joke-----she has priced to sell.

Lumber and some sheet goods(MDF and plywd)

I can't remember all that is there. You would not regret coming.

Jerry

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry, what types and sizes of wood are in the sale? (trying to drum up even more interest)

Tom----There is some 4/4 Pennsylvania AD cherry, a little walnut mostly 4/4 and a couple pieces 8/4. Some reclaimed chestnut(from old buildings) There is a little maple , red cedar, pine, and oak(I think).

Some s2s and some rough. Random widths and lengths.

There is some MDF and a little plywood.

I do not know what the footage is on any of it.

HTH--------------------Jerry

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
That's great, i really need a draw knife and was hoping there'd be one there :). Now I just gotta beat you all to it. :gar-La;

Jeremy, I could probably carpool, but I can't stay long so I wouldn't be able to do any breakfast or anything like that.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
OK folks---------------tomorrow is THE day for Hoopers tool sale. If you want the bargains be there at 8am.

Diane is going to put some kind of a marker in the front yard so the sale site will be easier to recognize. Also, she will block off the driveway so it will be available for loading.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of the members who have posted an interest in the sale.

Good luck to all that come----------hope you find a lot of useful things to take back with you. See ya TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
At the chime of 8am, will we proceed in a gentlemanly manner, or is it every WW'er for himself? :eusa_naug

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
At the chime of 8am, will we proceed in a gentlemanly manner, or is it every WW'er for himself? :eusa_naug

Well Tom, I think it will be a gentlemanly manner---------what else from NCWW members?

Hope all enjoy and leave heavily laden with new (to them) woodworking toys----er....tools.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors