Introduction - Lincolnton NC

ncphotographer

New User
ChrisGo
It's amazing how reaching out to an old friend to connect, can open new doors and horizons. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that little voice in your head that says to do something....especially something that is unknown or potentially uncomfortable; i have always found that if i run to it instead of away, will always prove to be fulfilling. My story pretty much starts back in March when the Covid-19 work-from-home started. I decided, i really want to learn woodworking and bought "The Complete Book of Woodworking" by Landauer Publishing, and of course watched a ton of videos. My wife had some small projects she wanted and I really enjoy designing and building. My primary job is in IT/Security and I really needed an escape from that world. We took a trip up to West Penn Hardwoods in Conover, just to get a look at some options and felt overwhelmed. What the heck is a board foot? Why would you want to spend this much for a piece of wood, when you can go to a big box store and get dimensional lumber way cheaper?....These were some of the questions we were asking. So with this motivation, I wanted to know more. As you all are aware, the woodworking bug is quite contagious and once you get bit....well. Around April, I decided to buy a Bob's CNC E4 since I enjoy the design aspect of woodworking. After about 10 signs and a few inlays, finally getting the hang of it a bit. I reached out to a friend of mine that i use to work with that is a proud member here and he recommended I check it out. So i joined today and am looking forward to this journey of knowledge, trial and error, and best of all, the satisfaction of building/learning something new. Thank you and look forward to reading your posts and hopefully meeting some of you one day.

Attachments

Herdfan2005

Jason
Senior User
Welcome. Another Cyber Security reject here which is what I do to pass the time in between shop sessions. I too just got a CNC and once again, feel "uncomfortable" but excited.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Chris, I join the others in extending a hearty welcome! I lived in Lincolnton/Lincoln County in the early 70s and love the area.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS