In the market for a crown stapler

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Anyone have a recommendation on a 1/4" crown stapler? I have seen the new Milwaukee 7155 and it appears to be a very nice tool - the oil-less operation is especially appealing. I cannot help but wonder about its lifespan however. I have the usual mix of brad nailers from PC and a DeWalt finish nailer that is the absolute best air tool I have ever used. I have basically narrowed the search down to those three mfrs. Price is a factor but even with that said, I don't know that I would interested in the HF route.

Does anyone have any comments on the care and feeding of these bad boyz?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Mark,

I've been using a P-C narrow crown stapler for a while now and I'm happy with it. I use it mainly to install luaun substrate before vinyl flooring is installed (kitchen, bath, laundry). I've used it on several houses now and it seems to work fine... no problems, jambs, complaints.

Ray

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the Bostitch S32-1sx or something similar like that. It double fires at times (almost since the day I bought it). I think the quality control was the pits and would not recommend getting it.

DavidF

New User
David
As for the HF tools, I have their 18G brad nailer that I bought on sale for $15!!!! and it as never put a foot wrong, works just fine and never misses a beat - another HF Gem I would say. Maybe for the price their stapler is worth considering unless you are a contractor using it 8 hrs a day for ever.

Trog777

New User
Trog
I got the Milwaukee delivered a couple days ago. Can't comment on it yet other than I'm pleased with the ergonomics and weight. Personally not too worried about the longevity as it'll be a seldom used tool for me. When you need one though, they can't be beat. I had an elcheapo DAPC for several years which began to jam regularly so I thought I'd replace it when I found a decent deal on the 7155

gator

George
Corporate Member
I think that it totally depends on your use. I use mine to put on ¼" ply backs on cabinets to the tune of 5 or 6 a year. For me the HF works fine. If I were using one daily in a situation where my income was affected, I would most likely go with a proven brand name.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS