In need of wood kiln services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I've got two slabs 20' long by 3 1/2" thick that need to be kiln dryed. I have others also but they are different thicknesses. I'm in the Mooresville area but would obviously travel to get my stuff dryed. Thanx for any and all help on this search.
Thanx, Greg

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
You might try Shaver Wood Products on US 70 between Barber and Statesville. That is the saw mill operation not " Li'l Shavers " which is just up the road towards Statesville. Good luck!

Jerry

Jeff

New User
Jeff
One of our sawyers is Kyle Edwards in Iron Station, NC, but I haven't seen any activity from him on NCWW in quite awhile. He has kilns but I don't know if he's willing to squeeze you in on a one-off job.

https://www.sawmillnc.com

There's also Scott Smith (scsmith42) up here in New Hill, NC if you don't mind making a trip to the Raleigh area. Hardly worth it for 2-3 boards though.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Scott was the first guy I thought of but the distance is something I wanted to avoid.I will call Scott as soon as I eliminate the possibility of something closer. this deal will involve a lot more than a few boards also. It involves at least two seperate businesses with the same need at this point.

Well, Thanx for the info and Jerry, I will call Shaver's and see what they can do.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Reggie Medlin has a small solar kiln in Salisbury but it may not be long enough for your boards.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Scott was the first guy I thought of but the distance is something I wanted to avoid.I will call Scott as soon as I eliminate the possibility of something closer. this deal will involve a lot more than a few boards also. It involves at least two seperate businesses with the same need at this point.

I've got two slabs 20' long by 3 1/2" thick that need to be kiln dryed. I have others also but they are different thicknesses. I'm in the Mooresville area but would obviously travel to get my stuff dryed. Thanx for any and all help on this search.

Your original post and your follow-up are contradictory. You should have just stated the whole shebang in your original post!

Last edited:

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
One of our sawyers is Kyle Edwards in Iron Station, NC, but I haven't seen any activity from him on NCWW in quite awhile. He has kilns but I don't know if he's willing to squeeze you in on a one-off job.

https://www.sawmillnc.com

There's also Scott Smith (scsmith42) up here in New Hill, NC if you don't mind making a trip to the Raleigh area. Hardly worth it for 2-3 boards though.

Give Kyle a call and ask. He is only 20-25 minutes from Mooresville....

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Not sure I pick up on contradictory. So where are you having a problem?

BTW,In answer to the red text- If distance, price ,and convenience for all works out then there will be much more slabs that need and will get dryed. If it is not a great situation then only what we need right now will be done .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS