Ideas on spicing this up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hill

New User
Hill
Looking for ideas to spice this up a bit. 10" x 12"....The wife wanted one of these to hang in the room where she does most of her art projects. Just looks a bit too plain to me. Was thinking maybe a nice plaque in the same general shape with routed edges or some sort of wood backing, but I'm trying to keep it from taking up a whole wall if I can. The rivet in the middle is temporary as the the cross pieces will be welded. when it's done. Still a WIP that she's not layed eyes on yet, so it can be changed......Any suggestions?

cross2.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Hill,

I like the idea of a plaque with the same shape and routed edges. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Just as an idea, I made this cross for my parents to put next to the family dog's grave in their backyard. You could do something like that maybe.......

trentpics_001.jpg

SubGuy

New User
Zach
I like the idea of adding two smaller crosses. I also think (personally) that a scrolled hill attached to the bottom would be great.

Zach

sawduster

New User
Robert
I would use a washer and a pencil to make the backer. Use a smaller washer then a bigger one on another piece of wood if you want to make a double backer
Hold the piece in place, put the washer against it with the pencil inside and go around the piece
....kind've like a spirograph. cut the outlines on a 3 to 6 degree bevel ( to the outside ) if you want to make it fancier
A scroll saw works well for this :mrgreen:

That's my two cents

Hill

New User
Hill
I like the idea of the three different woods. I'm actually rethinking this one as I'd rather see it with a fleur-de-lis design on the ends, maybe even with collars and be more specific on the 1/3rd's as Jeff mentioned. Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS