I know, boring, but it's Xmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Just finished this little chap this morning.

Top finial is Spalted maple dyed Rosewood
Ball is Spalted maple and hollowed out for lightness
"Icicle" is Iron wood (Am. Hornbeam)

IMG_02441.JPG

Promise I won't post anymore for a while.....

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
That is sharp, need to buy me one of those for my tree this year...beyond my scope still.

R

rickc

Very nice. How thin did you make the walls? We had a guy give a demonstration to TWA one year and he made one of those in front of us! I want to say he took it down to about 1/16th or so, but I do not recall for sure. I do remember it felt like we were handling an egg shell. You did a very good job on that.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Wow. That is really nice. I have made a couple small solid ones. Have not built up courage to a try hollow yet. Someday though.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
David, please do not stop posting your work - this is a great piece :icon_thum It is not a boring piece at all - I love the spalted look

J

jeff...

Nice Looking Christmas gift. You got me thinking I do have a special Christmas yoda avatar - no better time than now

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice, Dave! That is beautiful! Why would you not post more for your friends here to enjoy? Did we do something to make you angry???:dontknow:
Keep up the great work...

DavidF

New User
David
thanks very much for all the kind words. Sitting here in the new terminal at RDU at the moment. iPhone is a wonderful thing!

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Bite your tongue! I work for the competition. ;-)

They have competition? :rolf:
Sorry, couldn't resist. I did hear on the news that things are going well and a G phone sold the other day.:gar-Bi Doh- :eusa_doh: - there I go again. If you saw what kind of phone I carry you would laugh me off the board...

Anyway, sorry Trav, and back to David - that is awesome! Please post more!

DavidF

New User
David
now now guys you really must know that the iPhone has NO competition!!
I'm here in England and it's raining!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS