I do not want any more tools!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
With the advent of Father's Day this is my announcement to my family and any others who think I need another tool. Please ... I have drawers and drawers of tools. I have some that have never been used and some I could not figure out what they are supposed to do. I have tools from the last two centuries and more from this one. I have woodworking tools, carpentry tools, mechanics tools, gardening tools, electricians and plumbing tools, ones for fixing cars and some for fixing bikes. I have hand tools and power tools, I have sharp ones and dull ones, I have ones that work and some that don't - but I do not need another tool! I especially do not need another "multi-tool" with 15 options that do not do a good job at anything.

Did I mention I do not want another tool? BTW - none of them are for sale nor being given away. Every single one of them has some sentimental value - either when I lost some skin using it, or a former special someone thought it would be the perfect gift, or I created something with it that looked like what it was - a brain cramp from an admitted tool-a-holic who just had to use it that day, then and there. The best ones are shiny new because I bought them thinking some day down the road I would have a need for it and just could not resist that bargain du jour. These are the best ones because I never knew it would be as much fun to just look at it as to use it.

So world - if you must present me with another tool take my advice. Save the aggravation of shopping and obsessing over what gaps in my collection could be filled - simply send the money to the charity of your choosing and that will make us both happy!

Saw your post time - 751AM. Might help if you don't post when you've stayed out all night imbibing. :gar-La;

BTW I am a worthwhile charitable contribution recipient when it comes to handtools. :icon_thum

Chuck

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
With the advent of Father's Day this is my announcement to my family and any others who think I need another tool............
So world - if you must present me with another tool take my advice. Save the aggravation of shopping and obsessing over what gaps in my collection could be filled - simply send the money to the charity of your choosing and that will make us both happy!

This is great. I can now by a tool and tell my LOML that it is for DIYGUY, but he said to give it to my favorite charity, which I certainly will (me).:gar-Bi I know he said money, but a tool is much much better. :wrolleyes:

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Geesshh! I am awed and overwhelmed with the numbers of kind people who have offered to:

A). Cure me of an undesirable affliction (of which I was unaware I was suffering)
B). Start their own charity as a potential recipient for the family to support on MY fathers day
C). Research the cause of my disposition and kindly enlighten me on how to overcome it
D). Question my sanity, membership in North Carolina Woodworker, alleviate me of excess tools, suggest tools I should consider giving away
E). Point me in the direction of qualified counseling
F). Suggest traditional presents to request for dad's day

You guys are great! I know, I know, my little rant is a bit of heresy and just a feeble attempt at a little fun. But I actually do feel that one more tool would finally send me to the dark side completely (by most members reckoning I am more than halfway there now :help:). So my public apostasy may put me on the lunatic fringe here, but I hope not ...

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
There is no such thing as too many tools, unless your shop is too full, and from some of the shops that I've seen on this site I'm not sure it's possible.:gar-La;

Request a larger shop !

:rotflm:

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Well Mark-I'll be sure to foward your new fathers day request. Pick one:

1) more kids that could then by you more tools for fathers day
2) a gift certificate to the dentist for a root canal
3) a can of peach paint
4) 75 used ncwoodworker raffle tickets (verified to NOT be winners)
5) "5" golden rings (I hear Christmas)

hope these choices help with your condition:gar-Bi

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Not want anymore tools?????

I can't relate. I sell tools to make room for more tools.

I buy at least one tool a week....

I am just totally confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS