How do you store your blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I know this is one that went around a while ago... I thought I'd give it another pass.

After the last time someone posted the question about how we all store our blades, I rummaged through the scrap bin, pulled out some leftovers and put this together to keep my saw blades from getting banged up.

Blade_Box_1.jpg

View image in gallery

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That is a great looking storage unit, Ray!

Mine isn't nearly as fancy, but seems to be functional......so far.

Wayne

100_1041.jpg

James Davis

New User
James Davis
I know this is one that went around a while ago... I thought I'd give it another pass.

After the last time someone posted the question about how we all store our blades, I rummaged through the scrap bin, pulled out some leftovers and put this together to keep my saw blades from getting banged up.

Dang!! Can I come over and go through your scrap bin?:rotflm::rotflm:
James

DaveO

New User
DaveO
This is what I've made, although not nearly as nice as others, it does the job.

TS_blade_box_004.jpg

I wish I had made it a little larger, as I have now maxed it out out with the blades that I have.

Dave:)

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Mine are just hanging on the wall. Maybe one of these days I'll find the time and motivation do make one of these.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice solutions everyone. :icon_thum Ahhh, I look forward to being able to afford "extra" blades. :rolleyes:

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I built a rolling cabinet and keep all my saw blades in a drawer with a slotted bottom. I cut the slots on an angle and spaced the slots approx 3/4" apart. Works for me!

BladeDrawer.jpg

JimD

Jim
Senior User
My blades are in a drawer about 5 1/2 inches deep below the BT3100 in my mobile base with the wrenches and dado set. The blades and dado set are on two different undersized 5/8 dowels screwed to the 1/2 inch bottom of the drawer. Pieces of 1/4 waferboard about 4 inches square with a 3/4 hole in the center keep the blades from touching each other. The dado set is stored the same except the spacers are smaller to not touch the carbide teeth on the blades.

I have to pull out multiple blades to get the one I want most of the time but I can store more blades in less space my way. Having specific spots for the wrenches helps them be there the next time I need them.

Jim

eyekode

New User
Salem
What material did you use for the "drawers"? It looks like 1/4" hardboard... where do you buy that?
Thanks!
Salem

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
got a bandsaw and some luan that aint worth burning? this is down and dirty [and covered in dust] but it's expandable [I need to do it soon] easy to make and gets rid of unwanted 1/4" plywood that isn't good enough for anything else.:gar-La; you can also add a cover if you are of a mind to. [for all you neet freaks]:gar-La;

blades1.JPG

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
got a bandsaw and some luan that aint worth burning? this is down and dirty [and covered in dust] but it's expandable [I need to do it soon] easy to make and gets rid of unwanted 1/4" plywood that isn't good enough for anything else.:gar-La; you can also add a cover if you are of a mind to. [for all you neet freaks]:gar-La;

blades1.JPG

Now, Fred that's my kinda solution. Sum'in I could stack cut and get done in less than an hour.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
you're right Robert! about an hour.:gar-Bi akchooly I cut a bunch of squares and stack cut them then reversed every other one and glued it up. :icon_thum No waste!:rotflm: [ i hate waste...]

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
What material did you use for the "drawers"? It looks like 1/4" hardboard... where do you buy that?
Thanks!
Salem

Drawer bottoms are 1/4" hardboard. I think I picked that up at Capital City Lumber. Drawer sides are select white pine. Carcass is sandiply.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
This is what I've made, although not nearly as nice as others, it does the job.

TS_blade_box_004.jpg

I wish I had made it a little larger, as I have now maxed it out out with the blades that I have.

Dave:)

Dave,

I've got the same problem. Dado blades are in a separate box. I think I'm going to have to move the 7 1/2" blades to a different container.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
uh... what? Can you translate that into novice for me?

Thanks!

Trav

yeh, sorta. I aint so good with words but.....:gar-Bi if you look at the pic and use your [ex-ray vision cause I dont have any pics of the inside pieces:icon_scra] the part that the saw blade sits on is opposite the visible piece on the ends. these two pieces are from the same 1' square of plywood. take a piece of paper and draw a diagonal line from corner to corner then draw a circle in the middle. now cut the diagonal lines from the corner to the circle then cut half of the circle from one diagonal line to the other. now turn one piece over and line up the square edges.:icon_thum clear as mud right?:gar-Bi told ya I wasnt too good with words....:rotflm:

coho10

New User
Cory
It's nothing fancy, but here's what I do:

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

1/2" dowel on scrap plywood with butter and sour cream lids as separators. Took all of about 5 minutes to put together.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
yeh, sorta. I aint so good with words but.....:gar-Bi if you look at the pic and use your [ex-ray vision cause I dont have any pics of the inside pieces:icon_scra] the part that the saw blade sits on is opposite the visible piece on the ends. these two pieces are from the same 1' square of plywood. take a piece of paper and draw a diagonal line from corner to corner then draw a circle in the middle. now cut the diagonal lines from the corner to the circle then cut half of the circle from one diagonal line to the other. now turn one piece over and line up the square edges.:icon_thum clear as mud right?:gar-Bi told ya I wasnt too good with words....:rotflm:

I got it now. That's brilliant Fred! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors