HOURAY!! I got my pic's uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Steve, thanks for your help. I tred a smaller file that I copied to my DESKTPO which uploaded fine. Then I was able to copy all of the pics to my desktop and upload them.

John

To all, please share in my success of not only completing my first major project but getting the pictures to prove it uploaded.

Not Monty's workbench but I am overly proud of it.

John

Monty

New User
Monty
Nice looking bench - glad to see you figured out how to upload pics, too. Are you thinking about putting a vise on there?

erasmussen

New User
RAS
JMR2 said:
Steve, thanks for your help. I tred a smaller file that I copied to my DESKTPO which uploaded fine. Then I was able to copy all of the pics to my desktop and upload them.

John

To all, please share in my success of not only completing my first major project but getting the pictures to prove it uploaded.

Not Monty's workbench but I am overly proud of it.

John

I like it,looks well built:eusa_clap
I would be proud to have a bench like that also:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats on the bench, John!:eusa_danc

It does look pretty cool, solid and lots of storage! (Was the glass of wine part of the inauguration when the bench was placed into service?:lol: )

By the looks of the caster positioning, it should roll pretty well!

You have every reason to feel very proud of the results!

Nice stuff and thanks for sharing!

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hooray, what a great looking bench! How thick is the top? Looks quite sturdy.

With envy,
Roger

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
I do not plan to include a vise as I have another bench that has two vices (vises for those of you that saw my wine glass). I use my older bench for gluing and banging. I did raise the old bench to the same height as my new one so I can get a large working surface if I need it.

The top is a combination of wormy maple and red oak. It is 2.25" thick, 26" wide and 6' long. I have a cushion for it as I think it will sleep better than the dog house when/if the need arises.

Thanks for the kudos guys.

John

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
I forgot to mention that I made most of it out of scraps. I did buy the plywood from BORG but the top and trip I got from begging at a few lumber yards.

I am use to begging. I am on my second wife.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
JMR2 said:
....but I am overly proud of it.

John

You should be. I REALLY like it.:eusa_clap

On the ends the sloping supports seem to be hinged. I can't figure out what that is about?

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Not a hinge. Angle iron to hold the top down. I could only get to the underside to put in a few lag bolts closer to the end. I used floor joist type bracing to hold the two center supports steady which will help support the top and keep them stable as for the drawer slides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS