Home shop in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Hi,
I started this shop last spring. I've done all the work on it except the slab and blocks. I had some friends over and we set the trusses by hand. The rest, I've done by my self. It is 26' x 34' with storage trusses that give me 34' x 12' x 6'-6" high second floor for storage. The trusses are cantievered to 30' and made from 2x6 and 2x8's. It was all 5 strong men could do to set them by hand. I am going to put the first coat of paint on the inside today. Once the painting is done the inside well be done except for storage cabinets and the garage doors. I will put siding on it later this summer. The painted corner is what my 5 year old son did while I was painting the fascia board. It will be interestng to see what he does on the inside today while I put the first coat on.
Jack
100_0507-copy.jpg

sapwood

New User
Roger
Fine looking digs, Jack!
And perfect timing weather-wise. Hopefully you will have time to finish and heat before the cold, mountain temps return :icon_thum

Roger

Badabing

New User
Joe
Nice shop Jack! For a five year old, your son did an excellent job painting, very impressive :icon_thum To be able to say that you did all the work yourself is quite an accomplishment too :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very nice and VERY large! Are you going to put siding on or are you just going to paint the OSB? What are you going to do for the interior?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
26x34? WOW! Now that's what I call a shop. Of course, it will be 10% too small by the time you've put in all your equipment, workbenches and lumber. It's the Law Of WorkShops.

Looks like an excellent job on the construction so far. Can't wait to see the inside!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice looking shop ya got there, Jack! I'd say that was a professional job, including the master painter you had helping:rolf:. I look forward to seeing more progress pictures.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Now that is what my 10x20 wants to be when it grows up. Great looking Shop.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks everyone,

I painted on the inside last night. I used OSB for the walls and it soaks up a lot of paint. It will take another long afternoon to finish the first coat. I am using horizontal siding on the outside. The back wall is already done so that I could put a meter on the wall to hook up power.
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors