Home Depot, Worksharp 3000 orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I just received an email notice from HD that my Worksharp order was cancelled. Had a feeling this was going to happen. Chances are that many of you will receive the same.

Ehardin

New User
Ed
I also got the email that they had canceled my order.... I spoke to HD about it and they said the vendor refused to honor backorders at the sale price on either machine. While I do not hold WorkSharp responsible, Im personally giving up shopping at HD for 2011.
:wmad:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mine was canceled too. :wmad:
A bird in the hand...................
:roll::roll::roll:

T

toolferone

Yup, me too. Bummer! Of course, now I don't have to hide it from the boss!

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear about all the cancellations. Don't know when everyone got their orders in but I put mine in early on 12/23 and checked status today and it says the item has been shipped. Now I haven't got it yet, but wanted to let folks know that there still may be some hope. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
My order was placed on 12/26 @ 9:30 am. The order confirmation email came through at 9:46 am.

jhreed

New User
james
Cancellation after confirmation? That is what I experienced. I am agravated. They should not have confirmed the order. There was no time limit or any limit at all as far as I could tell. They should have said not rain checks or something. I am not through. I will complain. When I order and they ship I pay. I honor my commitments.
James

FlyingRon

Ron
I did the "contact us" email and got a canned reply that they were sorry but they can cancel orders and limit quantities at any time. Gave me a phone number to try if I wanted to speak to someone. Haven't tried yet.

At least when Lowe's screwed me on the DeWalt deal, my local store manager (really was his fault) made good on it. Too bad the WorkSharps aren't in the stores.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Ron, you should call them when you get a chance, just to see what they say.

I have been following this saga here, on LumberJocks and on SawmillCreek. It seems like HD customer service is giving different stories to different people.

And, although I believe this to be a HD screw up, we can also contact Hank O'Dougherty, the president of Work Sharp, and get his opinion on this mess:
http://www.worksharptools.com/index.php/support/ask-the-president.html

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
I got my cancelation email today. They blamed it on the vendor! Said they cannot supply any more. I informed them that my confirmation did not come from the vendor but from Home Depot.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
While I didn't have a need to order one (not using things that need sharpening yet), I did notice that the ad said it was valid thru 1/5/2011. If they didn't say "limited quantities" or "while supplies last" then they should honor all orders. If they really don't have/can't get the quantities that were ordered, they should send a heavy discount coupon or gift card to those that got cancelled. JMHO.

Brent

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
I just received an email from HD and they claim they will fill the origianl order within 30 days if I call the customer care number with my original order number. That number is Homedepot.com Resolutions Team at 1-877-467-3057

jpaup

New User
JP
Full text of Home Depot's latest email:

Dear Valued Customer,
We offered the Work Sharp 2000 / 3000 on our site at a closeout price during our Clearance Event promotion. Due to an overwhelming response for the item, we regrettably oversold and subsequently cancelled your order. On behalf of the entire Homedepot.com team, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue has caused.
We value your business and would like an opportunity to better serve you. To make this right, we have partnered with Professional Tools / Darex to secure inventory to fulfill your original order. This inventory will become available over the next 30 business days. If you are still interested in the item, please contact our Homedepot.com Resolutions Team at 1-877-467-3057 within the next 10 days and reference your original order number. Hours of operation are Monday ? Friday 7:00 a.m.
? 8:00 p.m. Saturday/Sunday 8:00 a.m. ? 5:00 p.m., CST. We are awaiting your call and look forward to serving you.
Thank you for shopping at homedepot.com.
Sincerely,
Homedepot.com Resolutions Team

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I also received that email. Called the number and they re-placed my order. Got an order confirmation for the new order last night.

I saved a little more this time around. Shipping dropped from $9.39 to $8.57. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS