Hi Newb from Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanwaldrop

New User
Al
Hi All,

I am an older guy trying to relearn woodworking with my retirement impending. I'm am a very soon to be retired mechanical engineer worked for the old CP&L now Progress Energy, Duke Power, and even Martin Marietta. Iam most likely relocating much to my chargrin to FL under pressure from my bride of 37 years.

My woodworking skills are rusty at best but I did work as a carpenter, cabinet maker, and gofer for my late father when I was much younger. I do a bit of woodturning, carving, and love building needed things from wood.

Alan

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Al! Welcome to the group. We love pics, so show us what you got! If you are going to end up in FL you need to talk with Woodwrangler. He is prepping for a move down there.

Look forward to your input here!

Alanwaldrop

New User
Al
I am working on some photos! If I end up in FL as I expect, wood is a lot harder to come buy at a reasonable price!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Al!

Great to have you and congratulations on your retirement!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Don't let anyone tell ya that retirement isn't a busy time of ones life!:wink_smil Once you crank up those woodworking power tools, project lists just seem to grow with each passing week.

Have fun here, post often and by all means stay safe around those new power tools.

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Alan, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums. And congrats on your pending retirement...I'm jealous.

Dave:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Alan. You've found a wonderful group of folks here, it's great to have you on board. :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the best virtual sawdust pile in the Universe, Al. I know you are looking forward to your retirement -- I made that step 7 years and 2 months ago yesterday and I'm busier than ever and loving life. We look forward to your participation in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS