hey there folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

golder

New User
golder
hey folks,

i am quite glad to have stumbled across the site here. seems like a real friendly, skilled & knowledgable group of folks.

since you asked, a bit about me: i'm 27. ny wife and i just moved from maine to asheville at the beginning of this month. i'm pretty new to woodworking but it has been increasingly captivating my interest. i've dabled in turning some and done some other basic woodworking. but i'm most interested in furniture making at this point--i can thank my father-in-law for taking me to visit to the thos. moser showroom in freeport, maine for that.

right now i'm in the process of searching for an apprenticeship. a woodworking yoda, if you will, to share their skills and experience with the hopes that i may learn the trade and be able to pass my skills along to someone else down the road. any thoughts or suggestions?

well i'm sure everybody has sawdust to make so i'll end my ramblings. hope everybody has a good day. glad to be on the site.

golder

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
hey folks,

i-i can thank my father-in-law for taking me to visit to the thos. moser showroom in freeport, maine for that.

golder

I visited Thomas Moser last year and the result? I sit in a TM Lolling Chair and prop my feet on the ottoman every night while my wife does the same in hers.
Drogar-BigGrin%28DBG%29.gif
His furniture is Wonderful but the prices make you want to build it yourself.
Drogar-Laugh%28DBG%29.gif

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the forum golder! Great to have you with us... now bring on the projects! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there, Golder!:icon_chee

Glad to see that you joined us. Lots of NC members out your way and they are a friendly, helpful bunch! :wsmile:Lately, I have seen plenty of good wood for sale out your way too.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Now. You have no excuses to crank up the projects and share your progress and finished pieces with us with pictures!:wink_smil

Have fun and stay safe around those power tools!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Golder, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pics of your work, shop, tools, pets, family and even you.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Golder. :eusa_clap It's too bad you don't live in Wilmington. Then I could teach you how not to build furniture. :rotflm:This is a great group of folks. Feel free to jump right in. I look forward to your input and seeing some of your work.

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi Golder. Welcome to our saw dust pile. I look forward to seeing your pictures and your input.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Golder from a nearby NCWWer in Hendersonville. With your permission, I'll add your name to our email list for the Western NC Woodworkers Association, a group of about 50 woodworkers from the Asheville, Hendersonville, Weaverville, Clyde area. We meet once each month on the second Saturday and have programs of interest to all woodworkers. Our next meeting with be on September 13th and we hope you'll be able to join us as a guest.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Golder, welcome to NCWW! A woodworking teacher I hope you will find :)

rovertcv8

New User
David Sheuring
Great stuff...more people to share my "special " beer with.
I am new as well but have found this place a wonderful place to talk with and to ask.:gar-Bi
Keep the sawdust up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hERES TO YA :eek:ccasion1

golder

New User
golder
thanks for the warm welcome everyone....

to answer a few questions:

we lived in fryeburg (western) maine
and...
please go ahead and add me to the email list for the ww association.

good to see so many deadheads out there on the site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS