Help Needed - Raleigh Klingspor Woodworking Showcase -Saturday, April 26, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Steve,
I'll be happy to help wherever needed . I make a good go-fer or organ grinder's monkey:mrgreen:, but beyond that I'm not sure what else is needed . Any suggestions ?
I will also be there at 7:30 to check in my entries and have no other outside plans for the day
how can I help ?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve, I am hoping that you can get enough folks who live in that area to man the desk and do demos. If you can't, please let me know. I know that Paul has been extremely supportive of our group. I'm not sure I can afford the gas - but would try rather than not having a good "showing" by NCWW.

I had thought that I had read that you had to be present to make entries into the competition. Then I re-read that thread and saw where you had offered to take mine and bring them back. If you will pm me your snail mail address, I will get a couple of things mailed to you.

I hope a lot of support is generated.
Don't worry about it we'll have enough:thumbs_up I'll PM my address.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Steve,

I see that the 10:30AM slot is still open..can I move to it from 11:30AM? I plan on hand cutting dovetails if I can find time to practice between now and Saturday morning. I will see you earlier as I have to bring my entry up before the 9:30 deadline.

Thanks,

Bill

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
i see you got me from 9:30-10:30. see ya there.:icon_thum ohhh goody I gits ta sleep in!!!!!!!:gar-Bi

fred p

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, Robert (Sawduster) and I will be doing scroll saw demos. Fred Ford drafted us during the NCWW breakfast. :wsmile:

J

jeff...

Jack could bring his new WoodMizer LT40 supper sawmill and cut a demo log - that 'wood' show our support... how big is this booth anyways and can we vent the exhaust outside?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Jeff, I like the way you think. The best publicity is to put on a good show! Not sure about venting outside though. Perhaps Alan could make a demo kit (two gates, two pieces of pipe, a shop vac and small compressor) to demo his autogates AND take care of the dust collection for sawing the demo log.

That better be one BIG shop vac :)

Allan Campbell

New User
Allan
Steve,
I agreed to be there from 9:30 t0 11:00 on the registration table and as a Judging Assistant, whatever that may be, as a representative of TWA, but if you want I would be glad to be a dual representative. Just give me a nametag.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve,
I agreed to be there from 9:30 t0 11:00 on the registration table and as a Judging Assistant, whatever that may be, as a representative of TWA, but if you want I would be glad to be a dual representative. Just give me a nametag.
Alan, I believe Fred is creating name tags that have both TWA and NCWW logos on it. But just in case, I'll be bringing name tags for everyone I know that is going to be there.

Thanks for letting me know:thumbs_up

J

jeff...

Jeff, I like the way you think. The best publicity is to put on a good show! Not sure about venting outside though. Perhaps Alan could make a demo kit (two gates, two pieces of pipe, a shop vac and small compressor) to demo his autogates AND take care of the dust collection for sawing the demo log.

That better be one BIG shop vac :)

Yep that's two - I think Jack has been officially volun[strike]teered[/strike]told

Shavingsinmypockets

New User
Patrick Harrison
Hey Bas I have a few tools you can practice on. Just let me know if you need them. Ill probably be down there for most of the day so anytime you need them is fine.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey sorry never mind about those tools I think ill be needing them.:( sorry about that

Patrick,

If you have chisels bring them, Bas needs ones to sharpen. He can sharpen them while you are watching and be done in a few minutes. The Worksharp that he is demo'ing is really a pretty cool item. By the way, if you have a chance, tell us about yourself in the forum section under who we are. There are alot of us in Clayton, so if you ever need anything , just give a holler.

And one more thing, Welcome to the website.

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS