Help I created a Monster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
The LOML was browsing my Dec/Jan issue of Wood magazine and said make me this then saw the previews of the March issue and said this lingerie chest too. When she realized that Wood had a series featuring shaker style bedroom furniture I was informed I could build her an entire bedroom along with this nightstand out of that same stuff you built the entrtainment center out of (cherry). What am I to do? :dontknow:

Well knowing I needed more cherry and not knowing if I could get all I needed from the cherry run in Winstom Salem or if I would be able to go at all I gave Moses a call at Mark Patterson Sawmill. They still had some so I made the trip to Sanford yesterday and a little over a 100 bf followed me home, probably more as this was much closer to 5/4 than 4/4. They were some good folks there.

Some of them clear and wide

Of course at the rate my projects go i might be retirement age before this is completed :gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Man you got a lot of work to do. You have scored some nice wood to work with though. It should be all down hill from here:gar-La;:gar-La;

JohnW

New User
John
Bryan,
Perhaps your first project should be a magazine box with a lock.

Gotta hide those woodworking mags:rotflm:

I'm sure your wife deserves new furniture so get busy.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
4/4 rough sawn should be good and fat, so it'll surface to 3/4" thick. 5/4 should surface to 1" thick.

I learned not to let the wifey get to wrapped up in pretty pictures of stuff in woodworking mags, I canceled all my subscriptions but they keep on sending them anyways :roll:

Speaking of that, who here got the Essential Woodwoking Techniques DVD from the woodworkers guild of America?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now that is a great start for the project . . . beautiful wood :icon_thum

Of course, this means no fishing for a while :wink_smil

Roger

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:eek: Egad, Bryan, don't you need some new tools to complete those projects? :widea:

Nice score on the cherry.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Brother that is a sweet problem to have!
Count your blessings. One of the best things to happen in my life was when loml decided to come into the shop with me.
Great score on the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS