Hello from Raleigh!

flycubs

New User
Tim
Hi from University Park in Raleigh. Long time hobby worker of many things- home reno, model airplanes, restoring my 1940 Piper Cub, and a few Land Rovers. Woodworking and metal working have always been a central part of my hobbies when I'm not flying the Cub, turning wrenches, or playing golf. Saw the great forum as I started my search to upgrade my table saw from my portable Bosch to something along the lines of a 3HP cabinet saw (still deciding!). I'm just finishing a "new" shop in our old house in Raleigh where we plan to stay long term, and looking forward to getting that project wrapped up to build more fun items. I've inherited some great equipment from my dad over the years and have slowly built my collection up to tackle just about anything I can dream of doing. Glad to be here.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome from another in Raleigh. Tim, that new table saw you are thinking about could literally be yours for a $5 raffle ticket. On May 14 somebody is going to win a SawStop Professional Table Saw - It could be you. All you have to do is click on the raffle ticket banner at the top of the page and buy the winning ticket. Of course the more you buy....

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Welcome...

I own a 3hp SawStop PCS. After some troubles, that happened from the start, SawStop made it right and now I am a happy SS owner.

For Superior customer service, I'd recommend SS.. For 2-4HP.. I'd look at the Harvey Alpha

$2,400 - $2650?

I have absolutely 0 experience with these Harvey table saws, but after researching & talking on here, they seem to be OEM for a lot of table saws (??).
Check them out...and ask others on here.

Whatever you choose.. enjoy it and make a ton of sawdust with it.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Tim,
We are glad you found us!
As you likely already know there is a wealth of information, opinions and helpfulness available at NCWW - all you need to do is ask!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors