Hello from Cary

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSM

New User
Ryan
Hey all,

I'm Ryan and am new to NC Woodworker. I work with DaveO's wife who introduced me to the site, I've been enjoying the forums, and got spurred on to finally introduce myself. I grew up woodworking with my grandfather and father who were both avid woodworkers. I spent a few years on a submarine in the Navy, so my woodworking stopped competely, and after a couple of years here and there after that, I'm back in school and have a small shop and am having a great time making projects. My schedule is a little crazier when I am taking classes so my work tapers off a lot during the semester. Fortunately I have a really supportive wife, who for the most part is pretty good with me buying tools when I need (i.e. want) them.

Thanks everyone for all of the great info on the site!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome aboard Ryan. It is good to have you here. I see that you are already enjoying the forums. Be sure to post some pics of your shop, tools, family, and projects as we love pictures here. Again welcome to the site.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Ryan! We'll let you in even though you know DaveO:roll::gar-La;

Don't forget we love pics so be sure to post plenty of them. Show off your work, shop, family, pets, etc.

Enjoy

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Welcome Ryan. Be sure to join us next month on the Southern Raleigh Shop Crawl and meet some of us in person (and see shops).

Doug

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Ryan!
We look forward to your input and appreciate any juicy stories about DaveO you happen to pick up :crossedlips:

Roger

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Ryan, welcome! We're getting a nice crowd of woodworkers here in Cary, glad you joined us! I hope your schedule will allow you to make some sawdust in the near future.

PS: Pics!

RSM

New User
Ryan
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! When everyone says post pics, I assume that means start a gallery? If so I'll have to figure that one out...

Thanks!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey Ryan It's about time you came out from the shadows. I am glad to see you participating, this is a great place, with a lot of friendly vibes and tons to learn. I would highly recommend the S. Ral shop crawl if you can fit it into your schedule. It's a great opportunity to see how folks do what they do...and to visit my shop :cool:
Although we've never met, Audrey speaks very highly of you, and how you fix everything in her lab.
Thanks for the intro, and I look forward to your input in the forums, and you starting a gallery of your work so we can see some pics (PM me if you need any help with the pics).

Dave:)

Last edited:

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Ryan, welcome to the dust pile. Lots of great, and often funny, information to be read. Can't wait to see some pics.

Brian.

M

McRabbet

Welcome, Ryan. Glad you found us and look forward to your posts and pics.

Sawdud

New User
Chris Beasley
Welcome to the site Ryan! Lots of helpful folks here. I need to get some photos uploaded too. Great to have you here.

Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the saw dust pile. I live on east side of Cary just off of Tyron Road. Feel free to swing by for a vist or give a yell if you need a hand. Just send me a PM.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Ryan!!!

Lot's of friendly and helpful folks right in Cary to lend you a hand if you need it.

I look forward to reading more about your projects and by all means seeing some photo's.

Have fun and post often!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS