Hazen update

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolina new be

New User
bobby
[FONT=&quot]It has been a while sense I have posted in here so here is an update. I am in the process of drawing the Hazen in 3d with a computer program. this way I can see any mistakes before I make them in the construction process. I went to a company that builds plantation shutters and purchased the materials that will be needed for the slats in the Hazen.( already formed and shaped all is needed is to cut to length )

The body of the Hazen in 3d is done I am now in the process of drawing the frame/support . the ornamental top will be drawn last as it looks to be the hardest to draw. I have uploaded 3 photos in my photo gallery look under Carolina New Be's photo gallery. BTW .this is the first time I have ever used the 3d program so it is a learning experience.

Bobby[/FONT]

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice, I had no idea what you were talking about until I saw your drawings.

HAZEN_JPEG.JPG

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I'm still not sure what it is after looking at your pics. Pigeon Roost or an enclosure for a weather station?

carolina new be

New User
bobby
Mike

the Hazen Thermometer Shelter was an early version of the Stevenson Screen better known as a Cotton Region Shelter . the Hazen was larger that the Stevenson Screen

One saw a lot of the hazen at airports and major offices of the Weather Bureau. You could get the hazen in a standard top or with the "ornamental" top. It is interesting in reading the early blueprint drawings of the Hazen dated pre 1920s

Also it is been fun learning the new 3d computer program. I cant wait to physically start construction on the Hazen and I will post updates on here,

Bobby

carolina new be

New User
bobby
Tarhead

It is a enclosure designed to house weather instruments. Mainly it houses the minimum and maximum thermometers and wet and dry bulb thermometers as well as a barometer . the shelter allows the outside air to circulate through the shelter and contact the thermometers but prevents direct sunlight from shining on the thermometers resulting in a erroneous temperature reading.

Bobby

I'm still not sure what it is after looking at your pics. Pigeon Roost or an enclosure for a weather station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS