Harvest table

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

Mike as others have said, the table is beautiful. The color is deep and warm. It begs to be touched. I wish I could have. I was surprised when you said you marked the peg holes 1/16" over. That seems like a lot to me. I know thagt the pine is softer. When I did my BBE on a hard maple table. I only went a 1/32" and was worried about that. I also draw bored on my work bench legs in soft maple and also only went a 1/32". Who am I to argue, we can see it worked for you :icon_thum. Did you finish the bottom of the top the same way?

Once again. it IS a beautiful table.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Mike as others have said, the table is beautiful. The color is deep and warm. It begs to be touched. I wish I could have. I was surprised when you said you marked the peg holes 1/16" over. That seems like a lot to me. I know thagt the pine is softer. When I did my BBE on a hard maple table. I only went a 1/32" and was worried about that. I also draw bored on my work bench legs in soft maple and also only went a 1/32". Who am I to argue, we can see it worked for you :icon_thum. Did you finish the bottom of the top the same way?

Once again. it IS a beautiful table.

Yea, 1/16" is pushing it but I crammed a steel draw pin in to deform the wood somewhat before I put the pins in. The bottom was finished the same as the top.

Mike

b4man

New User
Barbara
Mike,
Your work never disappoints! I too love pine and you really brought out the beauty in the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS