Harbor Frieght in Pineville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I was in Pineville last Friday and saw a HFstore. Did not have time to stop. I have never bought anything from them. I will be back in Pineville tomorrow for PT. Is the store worth a visit?

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Keye,

It depends. A lot of their stuff is junk, but they definitely have some gems. Just know what you are getting. Definitely worth the stop though.

thrytis

New User
Eric
I was in Pineville last Friday and saw a HFstore. Did not have time to stop. I have never bought anything from them. I will be back in Pineville tomorrow for PT. Is the store worth a visit?

If you are going to stop at a Harbor Freight, the Pineville store is a good one to stop at. It is probably the nicest store, having more space than typical HF and in a shopping center that isn't run down.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy

If you have never been to a HF store, you should go. You may decide it's a great place or you may leave in disgust, but you should definitely go.

They have a web site (different than the web site for ordering):

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/start.do

click on the link to see the current flier to see what's on sale. I would be very careful about anything electric that is really low priced; a sizable percentage of people who don't like HF have had a bad experience a low end electric motor.

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
Like others have said, depends on what you purchase. Things like tarps, shorter clamps, roller stands, dowel jig and stuff like that are a good deal. I don't know that I would trust any of their machinery, however I have never used any. Maybe a small tool you only need once in a while.

I do have an air compressor from there. Very loud. Another member said they had one catch on fire. Works for what I need though. For get the sand paper. Good for about one pass. Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for. I don't pay much so I don't expect much.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
HF "is what it is" but I have bought stuff there that is still serving me well. Casters, clamps, wiping cloths, etc. I bought as set of Forstner bits from them years ago and they are still doing the job.

I know some others have also bought their twist drill bit sets and are pleased.

It is what it is!

:wsmile:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
HF has alot of gems, most of them smaller items, and a few larger ones. If you spend enough time in there you can easily spend $50-$100 on little stuff that you didn't realize that you needed until see it. But, "It is what it is" and don't ecpect it to be anything else.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Here is a list of items that perform better than the price might indicate. Don't forget to sign up for their coupons to get even more savings.

Jess Pidlin

New User
John Anderson
This depends on whether you are going to use the tools for home / hobby type work, or for everyday professional use. If you are looking for something that will be used in a professional capacity, they may not be what you want. For home and hobby use they have some very good items at very reasonable prices.

I have a 6" jointer (6 years old), a 14" band saw (4 years old), a lathe (3"years old), and a dust collector (1 year old). I am retired, and am usually in the shop at least 3 - 4 days a week and these items have served me well. One downside, the assembly instructions stink:tongue2::BangHead:, but I've managed to get everything built and running eventually.

I can't speak for the electrical hand tools as I have never bought any, but I've been surprised by some of the good comments I have heard.

As to whether the store is worth a visit, definately yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS