Handy Tool or Scary Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Woodworker Supply has a new product in their latest catalog. It's called the Pivot Pro Panel Handler and states "Now you can easily handle large panels, alone!!!". Retail is $269.

Would you do this???

149-003.jpg

Roger

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Roger,
It looks scary to me, I think you would probably trip over the third leg while feeding to panel in ( among other problems). But gimmicks sell, what's the saying I'm thinking of.. Oh yeah " A sucker born every minute"

Jimmy

M

McRabbet

I can envision this thing working if you clamp the sheet to it in the tilted position, maneuver the unit to your tablesaw, lock the floor casters, release the clamps and then feed the sheet past the fence. However, how would one person release the clamps and still hold the opposite edge of the sheet? I'm with Mike, I'm a bit skeptical! I've cut several full sheets by myself (including 3/4" MDF!) and I use infeed supports to the front and left of me when I do it. I prefer to pre-cut full sheets whenever I can because it is safer.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
No way, no how would I use that. I could just see someone getting tripped up on that thing as they feed, or a caster binding up on sawdust or scrap on the floor.

Just my 2 cents.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I don't see how it can stay stable on the 3 legs. My luck I would twist and turn it over. Still, you have got to get the sheet of plywood on the cart and that would be another accident waiting to happen for me.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I'm with you guys, there is no way I'd trust my safety to that thing. I'd much rather use a stationary machine like you see in Lowes for things like that if I need it.:-?

sapwood

New User
Roger
:eusa_thin If you have a mobile base TS I guess you could lock the casters on the panel holder and push the saw into it. Might be safer :roll:

Didn't say whether it came with an insurance policy or not :oops:

Roger

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've got 2 engine stands for taking out motors (it helps to have one for the old one to get off all the swapped out stuff). I bet I could make one of them multi-purpose for a lot less money & not have too many extra gadgets around the shop!
icon6.gif

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Screw that, and get you a couple of Shop Elves™©, they are very handy for manuvering full sheet goods :-D:-D:-D

Dave:)

charlie s

New User
Charles
I'd put that $269 toward a Festool saw with a guide; it makes working with plywood a piece of cake. I back my truck up to the sawhorses, slide the plywood out onto them and then cut the plywood down to the exact size required; no need to cut oversize and then recut with the tablesaw. The cut will be as good or better than the cut you'll get out of the tablesaw with your best blade.

Charlie S

MikeH

New User
Mike
TOOOOO Dangerous!!! 8-O :eusa_doh:8-O I would use a long straight egde and my circular saw or a Festool like Charles said. No way am I going to try and run a full sheet through the table saw.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Roger,

I gotta know.... How did you find an avatar with sunglasses that looks just like you, and does he have a Reddy Kilowatt outfit too ?

Jimmy:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors