Handcut Moldings and Molding Planes

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
In May, I will be offering two of my favorite classes, among others. On May 3-4 there will be a two day workshop on making a traditional molding plane. This will involve mostly traditional techniques (some power tool work) to make a plane with a classic profile, as well as the blade.

On May 11, I will have a one day workshop in maing handcut moldings. We will cover techniques ranging from shop-made scratchstock, through handbeaders (Stanley 66; Windsor), to using dedicated molding planes, to cutting profgiles using stock planes (rabbets, blocks, hollows and rounds). We will also study the classical molding profiles, and how to desconstruct them when designing moldings. Lastly, we will do wome work with cutting moldings on the tablesaw using a regualr blade or a molding head (this part is demonstration only, the rest is hands-on).

If you are interested in these or any of my other handtool woodworkng classes, contact me at bill@edwardsmountainwoodworks.com or visit my website at http://www.edwardsmountainwoodworks.com (still under construction).

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Funny thing is I was just looking at some of these today and was wondering how the heck they were made "back then".

Sounds like a neat class ...

sediener

New User
Steve
I went to Bill's Beginning Dovetail class last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend taking it. We covered everything from proper sawing to chisel and plane technique and I learned a lot more than I thought I would.

As soon as I can talk my wife into letting me out of baby duty again, I'll be taking another...

- Steve

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
On a related subject, I have recently made arrangements to get a 30" X10' beech log quartersawn for plane blanks. Sould last me quite a few years!

Funny thing is I was just looking at some of these today and was wondering how the heck they were made "back then".

Sounds like a neat class ...

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
The Making a Traditional Molding Plane workshop is closed out. If anyone has interest in this workshop, I can put you on a waiting list. The Handcut Moldings workshop still has one opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS