Guess I am a woodturner now

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I needed 4 dowels about 1.5 inches long, 1/2inch on one end and 10 mm on the other end8-O
I chucked some peices of 1/2 dowel up in the drill press clamped a cutoff up next to them used a 1/4 chisel and turned one end right down no problem:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:, then trimmed them to size

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep, that's turning wood :lol: :lol: , but there are better and more fun ways of going about it. But Earl, you've always been a plugger, and got things done no matter what you had to work with :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
:lol: It's easy, isn't it..er...I mean...it was really hard, right!?!!? Be careful..you've got a taste of the bug...'tis a slippery slope...hope you get a lathe soon..haha

Chris

cskipper

Cathy
Kind of "round" about way of becoming a turner, but one nonetheless. Another starts down the slippery slope :lol:

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Necessity is the mother of invention.
Being a pencrafter I do not consider myself a "turner" and most who turn bowls don't either.(that is the impression I get when I visit turning sites).
The lathe is nothing more than a convenient tool to turn a square object round(hopefully).
I remember needing knobs for a fixture and turning them on the drillpress.
There is a web site with a tutorial for turning pens on the DP.
The lathe is just more convenient.
Three years ago I had never even flipped the switch on a lathe and had no interest in one.
I now own three.
The 8 inch jointer takes an act of God, congress and alignment of the planets to pull out and use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS