Grizzly G0889Z or Cutech 40200HC-CT 13" planers

rusty

New User
Rusty
Does anyone have these planers?. Looking for bench type with carbide inserts, grizzly is a true spiral but cutech is a spiral type. Both should work well on hardwoods for me. Looking for pros & cons from actual users. The internet is full of dubious reviews, who to believe? thanks

cmboggs

Chris
User
I’d like to know what people think as well. In particular how significant the planer ‘snipe’ is.

UncleJoe

Joe
Senior User
I have owned the Cutech Model 40200HC-CT for about 2 years. When I received it, two of the large nuts that hold the head were missing. I know this stuff can happen. I was extremely pleased with the support I got it was far better than I expected. As for how it works, it has been perfect for me. I have no complaints. Of course it took a little bit of time to get the in-feed and out-feed tables setup but I don't imagine it was any different than any other planer of that style. It has a snipe lock and I have had zero snipe with mine.
I just looked at their web site and read the description and they claim a new spiral head design. I do not know if that is different than mine or if mine was the "new" design.
I have run about 200 bd ft of walnut with excellent results. The Carbide still looks new I will be selling mine sometime in the spring as I am retiring from my day job as a Network Engineer and will have more time to work on my hobby and my wife wants to move closer to the grand kids so I will be getting a new, bigger shop and I will get a larger planer and jointer as well as a few "enhanced" other retirement toys.

This has been a very good tool for me. Hope this helps

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors