Grizzly 8" jointer question for owners of G0490W

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
Hi ncww, I just got a G0490W grizzly 8" jointer and there are a few missing washers and some mysterious bolts that aren't mentioned in the catalog for assembly. I was wondering if that has happened to anyone else. And if they know where the to hex head bolts go? All the other fasteners are Allen socket fasteners and these are the only hex head bolts and I can't at all find mention of them in the owners manual assembly section. Thanks for your help. Will post pictures once finally all assembled.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I have had extra parts with every Grizzly piece I have owned, even my G0490X jointer. As long as you followed the assembly guide and the extra parts don't have a place that would make sense, I wouldn't worry to much. Just put them away for another day.

Red

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
One thing I noticed is the fence carriage slides back and forth very roughyly and the fence adjusts strange. And that as soon as you loosen the fence lock lever the height and angle move is there a way to lock down the height and just adjust the fence angle, which is hard hold it at the height I need (i.e. Just high enough to not hit the table) and lock the angle of the fence. Does anyone on here own one of these machines that could advise, thanks Jonny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS