Greetings

Green_Murray

New User
Grayson
I learned about this forum over at the Extravaganza in Hickory, I'm hoping to start woodworking as a hobby and have been slowly gathering old hand tools which I have been restoring for the task.

If anyone has any tips about working wood, restoring tools, or using said tools, don't be afraid to send that my way. And if you happen to have any tools you want to toss my way I wouldn't mind that either. ;)

Green_Murray

New User
Grayson
I've found some goodies so far, most recently a Sargent VBM No 710, incidentally I don't suppose anyone happens to have a knob for the chip breaker adjustment as mine is missing that particular knob. Measurements of one would also be good so I could fabricate one on a friends lathe.

Attachments

• 20231009_173312.jpg
    20231009_173312.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Grayson,
WE are glad you found us and I bet you had a GREAT time at the extravaganza!
We have a number of tool collectors and refurbishers here!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Grayson. You will find plenty of advice on restoring your hand tools and how to use them here.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Wow! That plane looks like a tough challenge! Please post an after pic! Pretty rough shape but might just clean up well enough to be a good user.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I've found some goodies so far, most recently a Sargent VBM No 710, incidentally I don't suppose anyone happens to have a knob for the chip breaker adjustment as mine is missing that particular knob. Measurements of one would also be good so I could fabricate one on a friends lathe.
Who’s afraid of a little rust? We ain’t afraid! Rust busters…

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS