Great Deal on Mortise Chisels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threejs

New User
David
I have both the mortise chisels, and the bench chisels by Narex. Expect to spend a little time getting the mill marks off the backs of them, and making them flat. (my bench chisels where slightly concave on the larger sizes). But once they are flat they are great chisels, and hold an edge well.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I sure hope Mark (Tarhead) can still look himself in the mirror each morning... once he realizes just how much [STRIKE]$$$[/STRIKE] damage he has caused this community! :slap:

...all due to his selfish desire to 'share'. :rotflm:

(...this $50 item set me back more than $250... some deal!) :help:

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I sure hope Mark (Tarhead) can still look himself in the mirror each morning... once he realizes just how much [STRIKE]$$$[/STRIKE] damage he has caused this community! :slap:

...all due to his selfish desire to 'share'. :rotflm:

(...this $50 item set me back more than $250... some deal!) :help:

Seriously; if I ever go into retail I am going to make sure my specials get posted here...this thread is probably worth over $1000 for those who replied and I bet there was another $1000 spend from people just jumping on it!!!

decibel

New User
Patrick
Count me in as one of the ones who couldn't resist. Somehow a one snuck in front of that $50 on my order. Thanks for the head's up Mark. I'm more convinced I'll need these tools to build a dog house after my wife puts me in it :)

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Seriously; if I ever go into retail I am going to make sure my specials get posted here...this thread is probably worth over $1000 for those who replied and I bet there was another $1000 spend from people just jumping on it!!!

Koosh,
Don't forget about the hundreds of "Visitors" we have lurking from who knows where. Let me know when you start your business. I'll can help in the Marketing Department.:gar-La;

I sure hope these chisels work out for everyone. Their other ones have sure been popular.

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
I've had the Narex mortise chisels from Highland WW and used them extensively on my workbench build. Don't really have any means of comparison but they did the trick. I have since got a few of the Ray Iles pigstickers from TFWW :gar-Bi and they are impressive - but they are spendy and the Narex are a great value.

Len

New User
Len
Okay, you guys wore me down, plus this one was just too good to pass up.

Got my order in, now I just need to stop checking the front porch every 20 minutes.

I keep gathering hand tools like this, and I may turn into a Neander yet!

Len

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
My order should be arriving tomorrow (Tuesday). BUT, I'll have to wait until Christmas to sharpen and try them out. My family is always desperate for gift ideas, so I was kind enough to order myself a few Christmas gifts to help out. :wink_smil

On the bright side, I always get useful presents this way... :rotflm:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
....I can't wait to see all the hand cut mortises to spawn from this deal.

Didn't you just mean "hand cuts". I think my chisels have greatly increased the profit margin of those who make Band-aids and Neosporin!! :gar-La;

Go

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
mine arrived too, sitting in a cardboard container next to me at work. I'll check em out when i get home :)

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Didn't you just mean "hand cuts". I think my chisels have greatly increased the profit margin of those who make Band-aids and Neosporin!! :gar-La;

Go

Tell me about. I forgot what I was doing, but I was doing something wrong and stabbed my pinky pretty deep with my mortise chisel. I was bleeding like crazy, but I found a pressure point that stopped it and was able to superglue it closed. It took about 2 months for it not be sore if I put pressure in the area.

Threejs

New User
David
Be careful if you take them to the woodwright schoool.. Roy thought they were plastic at first... Took a little quick talking to explain they were simply stained wood handles. :)

Len

New User
Len
Bummer! Mine have shipped, but I don't get them until Friday because of the holiday.

Guess I'll have to settle for getting the water stones out and soaking so they'll be ready when they do get here.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS