Graham Blackburn's Woodworking In Action....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Many of you may know of Graham Blackburn from his many books and a few videos.

A few years back he started a subscription DVD called Woodworking In Action.

I recently checked out whats been going on with it. A lot it turned out.

Now, in addition to a quarterly DVD in the mail, you have full access to flash videos of all the previous videos.

A few folks you might have heard of, Frank Klausz, Alan Lacer, Marc Adams, Garret Hack, Don Weber and more.

Most videos are either of the 10 minute or 22 minute variety. With an average of 10 different segments per video.

Topics range from how-to, showcase of work and jigs. He covers both flat lander and Dark Side woodworking topics.

Given the archive goes back to October of 2005, you get online access to 11 DVD's worth of content.

On to the content! Its great. I found most videos to be a good blend of information and education. Without being insulting, the videos are what I'd call semi-pro. You don't get a highly polished scripted and show, something more like a casual conversation. Many of the folks in these videos are used to talking to their subject, and that comes across.

If you are a video junky, which I am, I'd say its money well spent.

You can take a look and get a preview at
http://www.woodworkinginaction.com/

Thanks,
Jim:icon_cheers

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Thanks, Jim. I actually just signed up for this about a month ago. I've yet to receive my first DVD, but now anxiously await it.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
:gar-Cr Boy, it pains me to have to post this, but....

I can't recommend this site for now. They are 2 months late in releasing the new video.

I've also not received two of the promised DVD's and their last release had about 30% less content.

Only found one other person on Lumberjocks who has posted about this. He's has had no response from the site.

Their SSL Certificate expired on November 12th.

All this adds up to concerns.

You still have access to all their prior videos online, but I'd really be careful if you were considering a new subscription.

Should they update, I'll follow up here.

Jim

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I too haven't received a DVD in a while ... but maybe I'm being impatient. The good thing is that their website still works and all of the videos are online!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I did just check back, and there are still no updates.

Historically, they release a DVD in October, but nothing on their streaming nor any mailed DVD's since July. I didn't receive the July DVD.

Sad to see this happen. I totally agree that the archived content is stellar and it is still available.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS